Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 hour ago, SteelerHoosier said:

Backalleyguru going after 0507 in the peegs chat lol

That was interesting. Like I’ve said if Backalley is a troll is an extremely persistent one that’s been way ahead of everyone else and never wavered. Or he thinks he really knows something.

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

That was interesting. Like I’ve said if Backalley is a troll is an extremely persistent one that’s been way ahead of everyone else and never wavered. Or he thinks he really knows something.

Apologies if I missed it, but has he said anything new or still just saying Saturday?

1 hour ago, Coach Robby said:

Laugh at me, call me dumb, whatever. I still think it might be Brad. Think about it...there has been NO announcement from IU whatsoever (I know there won't be if he turns it down privately). I know I heard the whole masshole presser. Maybe it's just me dreaming too...but seriously...as I mentioned 322 pages ago, there's only one person who knows what's going on: Scott Dolson. No one else. Everything else is rumors and rants.

The vegas odds things is strange to me. 

You aren’t the only one. My brain keeps going back to those pressers and the events that led up to the masshole comments. It was all just strange.

1 minute ago, HinnyHoosier said:

What was the dissonance between them?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

0507 keeps changing what he’s saying. First it was a big time coach and Dolson had his man, then yesterday he said there were conference championship coaches that wanted the job so it would be a good hire, then last night he said Dolson has his man and it’s underwhelming and that he hopes everyone gives this coach a chance. He said they are connected with the White Plains flights but it’s not Woodson. So then people thought it was Isiah but he said it’s not him either. Then backalley started calling him out because he’s never wavered from Brad on the 27th.

Want to know what's happening on Saturday? Saturday. That's it. Just a to regular Saturday. 

Well, in my neck of the woods, I'm clerking a track meet and then smoking a pork loin on the Traeger 

EDIT- I hate autocorrect.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Free Jurkin! said:

I believe the Archie announcement was also the last Saturday in March, and right around noon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was. I was sitting at the first session of the  IHSAA basketball state finals when it was announced. Then I went to circle center mall between sessions and saw Juwan Morgan walking around. Just a fun little story about that day. 

1 hour ago, Treesh said:

I agree.

There's no way Scott is just sitting around waiting for Oats to get done with the dance. He has to have an idea there is a coach still coaching who wants the job. 

We don't have a name by tomorrow then the Indiana alum are out the running IMO. 

Here's what we know:

Stevens said no.

Options 2-x are still in the tournament.

Matta and Beilein are available. Ok, scratch Matta.

There are a number of "IU guys" who have been mentioned, but as far as we know, not offered.

I don't think we can eliminate anyone at this point, because Dolson needs a safety net. If 2-x say no and we've already dismissed the "IU guys", then we're stuck with Beilein or some unknown coach.

Just thinking out loud.

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Brad isn't coming people. Period. That ship barely left the harbor. Just jump on the Woodson/Cheaney ship. Woodson life boats are to the right and Cheaneys are to the left. We will evacuate accordingly. 

If our two best candidates are two people who have never coached a single game of college basketball... 

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Brad isn't coming people. Period. That ship barely left the harbor. Just jump on the Woodson/Cheaney ship. Woodson life boats are to the right and Cheaneys are to the left. We will evacuate accordingly. 

But the Stevens ship looks like it's taking on water. Shouldn't we throw another line out?

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Y'all really should not discount Porter Moser or Andy Enfield as viable options that we might be waiting on.

You might be on to something