Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Brad literally reiterated yesterday that his interest in the job was just rumor mill stuff. The only way that I would even see a slimmer of hope would be if Boston decides to completely clear house and tank before the trade deadline, but there is zero reason to believe that this will happen. 

14 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Timing. We're at Day 10. We've hired all our new coaches by March 31st in recent years. We hired Archie on March 25th. 

I don't have any sources, I just think we'll have news soon. 

Agree for a different reason. I believe the reports about Matta which means Dolson had no grand plan for some home run hire, he just wanted to get rid of Archie. While I think the IU guys would wait until the first week of practice next fall and still take the job I think Dolson has probably an agreement with someone and didn't want to steal the thunder from the IU women's team yesterday. 

3 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I agree.

There's no way Scott is just sitting around waiting for Oats to get done with the dance. He has to have an idea there is a coach still coaching who wants the job. 

We don't have a name by tomorrow then the Indiana alum are out the running IMO. 

I agree man. Sometimes the answer comes when u look at things from a common sense standpoint.  To me it's obvious he knows who he wants and is just waiting on something due to timing. Otherwise an IU guy would be named or even Beilein for that matter. Assuming that's what we r realistically down to. 

11 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I agree.

There's no way Scott is just sitting around waiting for Oats to get done with the dance. He has to have an idea there is a coach still coaching who wants the job. 

We don't have a name by tomorrow then the Indiana alum are out the running IMO. 

Say it is Oats that wants the job and Dolson is waiting on the tournament. What happens if Alabama wins the damn thing? I don’t see him leaving. Do we circle back around to a Woodson or Beilein at that point?

15 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

You hurt my feelings. I thought we were tight. I'm taking my Brad Stevens news and going home. 

Hah! I wasn't saying he/she has been more consistent than others. We all love you here Chris!! Only saying Nonymouse has been consistent in their Stevens isn't coming stance. For my mental sanity, I need to believe that. 

1 minute ago, kottke said:

Say it is Oats that wants the job and Dolson is waiting on the tournament. What happens if Alabama wins the damn thing? I don’t see him leaving. Do we circle back around to a Woodson or Beilein at that point?

Yeah I don't see Oats leaving then either. I think Oats is unrealistic with the buy-out honestly. 

If we don't land a tourney guy then I imagine we're landing an IU guy or John. I'd go with John. Title game three years ago. He's the best coach available imo. 

1 minute ago, iuswingman said:

I definitely think we're landing a guy, one that is in the tourney or not in the tourney.  

So you don’t think it’s Becky Hammon?