Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

5 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

I think someone mentioned earlier that Oats' buyout drops precipitously after the first year. Here are some more details:

https://www.al.com/alabamabasketball/2021/02/details-on-nate-oats-new-19-million-contract-buyout-structure.html

Definitely doesn't seem like the structure that someone 100% committed to staying in Tuscaloosa long-term would seek. It's also interesting that he signed a big (for them) extension with Buffalo just a couple weeks before leaving for Alabama.

I like the way you’re thinking. 

20 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

I think someone mentioned earlier that Oats' buyout drops precipitously after the first year. Here are some more details:

https://www.al.com/alabamabasketball/2021/02/details-on-nate-oats-new-19-million-contract-buyout-structure.html

Definitely doesn't seem like the structure that someone 100% committed to staying in Tuscaloosa long-term would seek. It's also interesting that he signed a big (for them) extension with Buffalo just a couple weeks before leaving for Alabama.

Beard’s buyout also drops bigly as of April 1, to $2 Million.

https://texas.forums.rivals.com/threads/on-april-1st-chris-beards-buyout-drops-to-4-million.517128/

I had actually briefly forgotten about this but it’s a key piece of info.

Edited by GreatMcCracken’sGhost
Misquoted the amount originally

2 minutes ago, GreatMcCracken’sGhost said:

Beard’s buyout also drops bigly as of April 1, to $4 Million.

https://texas.forums.rivals.com/threads/on-april-1st-chris-beards-buyout-drops-to-4-million.517128/

I had actually briefly forgotten about this but it’s a key piece of info.

Could also explain slow rolling the interview on IU's end.

4 minutes ago, Treesh said:

WE WANT

NATE ******* OATS!! 

We just need an additional $20 million dollars! 

Borrow the money for the buyout. Interest rates are at historic lows. Put up Memorial Union as collateral.....or flat out sell Read Dorm because I hated that place. Make Oats the highest paid coach in college basketball. He would own this state with his energy and style of play. 

Just now, TheDarkKnight69 said:

I’ll be shocked if Oats leaves Alabama for IU. Beard and Drew are our best bets are getting a proven guy. 

Oats REALLY should’ve waited to sign an extension even if he wanted to stay

44 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Loved him when he was with The Range... saw him open for The Grateful Dead a time or two, as well

You're thinking of Bruce..Kyle is his illegitimate son from Bruce's early touring days before he and the Range made it big.. Little waitress from Stuckey's I believe...

24 minutes ago, Evariste Galois said:

Assuming that Stevens was considering the job last week, we only have had 1 week to interview people.

Assuming Dolson is putting time and consideration into everyone's interview, that is not a lot of time. I hope he interviews as many people as he needs to and gives them all consideration.

Heck, when I was hired, the interview process at my company had 4 interviews (the fourth was just to discuss salary) and took several weeks.

And don't forget... coaches in slots 2 - x are still playing their seasons... so we got some info/buzz on Stevens and then we drop to the "last gasp" candidates, position y - zzz.

There's nothing to get excited about here, one way or the other...all of the talk about CTC > Arch being 10-11 days... but both IU and Dayton had completed their seasons before CTC was fired... Dolson started the clock earlier than Glass did with Crean.

8 minutes ago, hoosierbannerd said:

You're thinking of Bruce..Kyle is his illegitimate son from Bruce's early touring days before he and the Range made it big.. Little waitress from Stuckey's I believe...

There's a joke in there about where he "Stuckeys pecan log"... but I ain't going there. 

41 minutes ago, Evariste Galois said:

Assuming that Stevens was considering the job last week, we only have had 1 week to interview people.

Assuming Dolson is putting time and consideration into everyone's interview, that is not a lot of time. I hope he interviews as many people as he needs to and gives them all consideration.

Heck, when I was hired, the interview process at my company had 4 interviews (the fourth was just to discuss salary) and took several weeks.

and one has to think they just started on the ones who were available this last week.