Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

2 minutes ago, Treesh said:

We can have additional support staff as well.

GA’s 

Player Development Coaches 

there’s too many titles to keep up with. 

not to mention the # of "Assoc. Athletic Directors for [fill in the blank]"

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Same. I can’t do a three year rebuild after the five year rebuild we just finished with. It doesn’t get more underwhelming than that list. 

Me too. Should’ve kept Archie until the summer when Brad is forced to leave (assuming Tatum or Brown request a trade which I fully expect). 

6 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Your whole "I'm a better fan than you" schtick is honestly getting really tiring. Fans are allowed to have expectations for the teams they root for. IU has failed to meet those expectations for the past two decades. The only embarrassing thing here has been IU basketball for the past 20 years.  That's why we're a national laughing stock. 

I don't know, some of us find the whole Chicken Little, "The sky is falling!" thing to have gone far beyond obnoxious already. 

5 minutes ago, Treesh said:

We can have additional support staff as well.

GA’s 

Player Development Coaches 

there’s too many titles to keep up with. 

Why didn’t Archie have more? Doesn’t make sense 

Just now, Treesh said:

Me too. Should’ve kept Archie until the summer when Brad is forced to leave (assuming Tatum or Brown request a trade which I fully expect). 

I 100% would rather have put up with a 5th Archie season than hire Cheaney, Woodson, or Smart. At least we could have fired Archie at the end of the year. Hire one of those guys and you’re stuck with them for the next 3-4 years. I refuse to believe that Scott Dolson got $10 million from a donor to fire Archie just to hire someone with no college head coaching experience. Unless one of them paid Dolson $10 million to get the job. Lol. 

5 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

I don't know, some of us find the whole Chicken Little, "The sky is falling!" thing to have gone far beyond obnoxious already. 

That’s what happens when the only information coming out is bad information. Go five years without making the tournament or beating Purdue and then find out that Mike Woodson and Calbert Cheaney are candidates for the job and that’s what happens. 

I think someone mentioned earlier that Oats' buyout drops precipitously after the first year. Here are some more details:

https://www.al.com/alabamabasketball/2021/02/details-on-nate-oats-new-19-million-contract-buyout-structure.html

Definitely doesn't seem like the structure that someone 100% committed to staying in Tuscaloosa long-term would seek. It's also interesting that he signed a big (for them) extension with Buffalo just a couple weeks before leaving for Alabama.

2 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

I think someone mentioned earlier that Oats' buyout drops precipitously after the first year. Here are some more details:

https://www.al.com/alabamabasketball/2021/02/details-on-nate-oats-new-19-million-contract-buyout-structure.html

Definitely doesn't seem like the structure that someone 100% committed to staying in Tuscaloosa long-term would seek. It's also interesting that he signed a big (for them) extension with Buffalo just a couple weeks before leaving for Alabama.

Buffalo to Tuscaloosa to Bloomington would at least be heading in the right direction.....

9 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I 100% would rather have put up with a 5th Archie season than hire Cheaney, Woodson, or Smart. At least we could have fired Archie at the end of the year. Hire one of those guys and you’re stuck with them for the next 3-4 years. I refuse to believe that Scott Dolson got $10 million from a donor to fire Archie just to hire someone with no college head coaching experience. Unless one of them paid Dolson $10 million to get the job. Lol. 

Fully agreed my man. Your posts have been great the past two days!! 

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

My only argument with this is I feel they would’ve been hired by now. We will see what happens. 

Assuming that Stevens was considering the job last week, we only have had 1 week to interview people.

Assuming Dolson is putting time and consideration into everyone's interview, that is not a lot of time. I hope he interviews as many people as he needs to and gives them all consideration.

Heck, when I was hired, the interview process at my company had 4 interviews (the fourth was just to discuss salary) and took several weeks.