Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

11 minutes ago, Treesh said:

We are just interviewing anyone at this point huh. 

Im going to ask for an interview tomorrow. 

Do you have an IU degree? Seems to be the biggest requirement. Maybe I’ll ask Dolson for an interview too. 

2 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

Why are they better?

I think Guyton would do a good job of preaching the importance of Indiana basketball and getting former players more individual and excited with the program. 
Calbert believe it or not is a great individual. I heard a story today about a former recruit who loved how reserved and “a great guy” he was when he was Director of Operations. The recruit said he Felt like connected better with him. Take it for what it’s worth. Even liked him more then Crean. 

1 minute ago, cbp4iu said:

I think Guyton would do a good job of preaching the importance of Indiana basketball and getting former players more individual and excited with the program. 
Calbert believe it or not is a great individual. I heard a story today about a former recruit who loved how reserved and “a great guy” he was when he was Director of Operations. The recruit said he Felt like connected better with him. Take it for what it’s worth. Even liked him more then Crean. 

Why wouldn’t we believe Calbert is a great guy?

Just now, Treesh said:

Yep. And a masters. I call a Scott. We’re meeting tomorrow. 

If you think taking the Archie ball with you will help your chances let me know. Maybe you can tell Scott that is your signature and having one less ball to buy may just give you the edge. 

2 minutes ago, Magisterium said:

don't forget to mention "cutting-edge" when you talk about offense

I’m going to knock the socks off Scott tomorrow. 

Help is on the way boys! I’m getting the team to stay and we’re getting some tran$fer$. 

4 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Why wouldn’t we believe Calbert is a great guy?

What I’m trying to say is... I think he would be pretty darn good. I think kids would buy into him. I don’t think it would be the worst choice. 

Just now, Treesh said:

Help is on the way boys! I’m getting the team to stay and we’re getting some tran$fer$. 

and they'll all always be part of the IU family.....

Just now, TheDarkKnight69 said:

I’d still take Woodson over Calbert. Don’t think people realize how much the experience Woodson has could be an upside for us. 

There’s dozens and dozens of coaches more qualified than Woodson. 

2 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Think about it Scott, you only have to pay me $1.5 million and that leaves us $5-$6 million to pay players. 

16 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

Here me out... But feel free to roast me...

HC Calbert

Assistant: Aj Guyton

Bring in the pair. Better then Woodson. 

Meh. Where are Lewis and Fife in this scenario... I definitely want Mike Lewis on staff...

Just now, 8bucks said:

Think about it Scott, you only have to pay me $1.5 million and that leaves us $5-$6 million to pay players. 

I’ll do it for 900K a year. Let the assistants make more than me. Hire an offensive and defensive coordinator. Recruiter.

I call the times outs and stand up, work the sidelines / refs. 

I really hope that the administration is just biding it’s time until the coaches in the tournament lose. Interview a few former players and let that out so the ‘we need an IU guy’ fans contingency is satisfied. Calbert Cheaney would be great in literally any position other than head coach at IU and I’d be happy for him to join the staff. But you can’t make him the head coach. 

Just now, AZ Hoosier said:

Meh. Where are Lewis and Fife in this scenario... I definitely want Mike Lewis on staff...

Still have 2 slots for assistants. Go ahead and bring whomever.