Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 hour ago, IU Prof said:

I'm a big Oats fan. He was building a monster at Buffalo, and has hit the ground running at Alabama. The MAC tends to play a more physical style of ball, similar to the B1G, so I believe his style would translate to IU.

My concern is, if you are Oats, why sign a new contract with a big buyout a few weeks ago if you are interested in IU. He had to know the job could come open, and that a $12 million buyout would hamper his negotiating leverage should IU reach out. 

Bird in the hand better than two in the bush; and maybe it was we”ll give you an extension but we ( university) want protection. Meaning I’ll take my money now and worry about the next job later.

12 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

Absolutely.....we can’t forget that he started as a IUbb manager and knows what it takes first hand...He knows the history, the success and the draw. I trust him,......I’m just overly impatient, take medicine for ADHD and tired of IU being a bottom feeder....

That's preaching to the choir... 

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He's been saying since either before or day of Archie being fired that Stevens will be hired on 3/27

Has he said that since last Friday? I honestly have zero clue Who at this point it will be. It’s just odd the Stevens talk went from 100 to 0 all of a sudden. I’m not expecting him at all. 

Interesting because all the IU media folks saying that wasn't true. If that is the case and they offered Matta...hmm
Which is why EVERYTHING should be read or heard with SKEPTICISM and not BELIEVED right until official.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, IU Prof said:

I'm a big Oats fan. He was building a monster at Buffalo, and has hit the ground running at Alabama. The MAC tends to play a more physical style of ball, similar to the B1G, so I believe his style would translate to IU.

My concern is, if you are Oats, why sign a new contract with a big buyout a few weeks ago if you are interested in IU. He had to know the job could come open, and that a $12 million buyout would hamper his negotiating leverage should IU reach out. 

Can you imagine him telling his wife "I couldn't sign that awesome new contract because another school I prefer a little more might have an opening in the near future" ?

Me either. Take a run at him, if he's interested make him a good offer and let the chips fall. 

IU needs to go after the best coaches and take the best one they can get. Being told "no" by Stevens, Bennet, etc doesn't cost anything. 

I think Oats is at the top of the next tier. 

I'll keep saying it until everyone of you agree with me!! 

1 hour ago, Moye > Boozer said:

I don't want the guy that jumps on the table and says "look at me" after victory ---- I want the guy that tells the other team "get the **** outta here".

I'd rather have a guy who doesn't feel the need, and has the maturity to not do either. Give me someone who knows how to act like they've done it before and will again, without the "look at me" moments.

Just now, Kentuckysucks said:

That's crazy talk guys.  Brad isn't coming ever.  He's perfectly content in a job where his subordinates earn 5x what he is. 

Kyrie-Irving-and-Brad-Stevens.jpg

Coach Stevens thinking, “Man, Kyrie, you need a tic tac!”

52 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

If IU can't land a top coach its because IU isn't cool anymore. If we land a top coach then it turns out i'm wrong and IU is cool then I apologize, but here are my thoughts on what would have to change if IU can't land anyone they go after. 

Facilities are not the top 5 in the country.

Uniforms are outdated and adidas sponsorship isn't cool to 18 year olds. 

Haven't won anything in recent years. 

rumors are that Administration is looking to self report any and everything

National media doesn't like us

Why those may all be true- couldn't the same be said about a TON of other schools that are winning? Oregon State? Does anyone not a burned out hippy think that is a "cool" spot? Yet they are in the S16. Loyola-Chicago is killing it and they haven't been cool since the Kennedy Administration. Point is IU has 10x the potential of either of those places and just needs a competent coach to unlock it. A really good coach vaults us back into the top 3 of the conference. Great coach and we become dominant again.