Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Just now, dwtaylor1055 said:

So is Mike Woodson supposedly coming in today? Baby boy #2 arrived yesterday afternoon.  Both he and momma are doing great. Safe to say Brad isn’t in his name lol 

New baby name: Michael... but you're gonna call him "Woody"?

55 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Any chance that a new coach could move IU from Adidas to Nike, Jordan, or Under Armour? 

There’s no chance of this. I know you hate Adidas, but not happening. 

Just now, dwtaylor1055 said:

So is Mike Woodson supposedly coming in today? Baby boy #2 arrived yesterday afternoon.  Both he and momma are doing great. Safe to say Brad isn’t in his name lol 

Named "Woody?" Becky? (not that there's anything wrong with that). Is he going to grow a Beard?

1 minute ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Congrats! Having 2 is definitely a lot different lol. We have a 4 and 1 1/2 year old boys. Love it but very stressful.

Go IU and hope we get the best coach who will turn it around! 

12 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I was at Assembly hall, look for a big black SUV. It's already over there by now I'm guessing

I need Tom Allen to buy me a car. You see his car? Very nice. 

50 minutes ago, Moye > Boozer said:

For any up and coming Nate Oats fans, here's the CBS article profiling him from a few weeks back. I specifically like his multiple references to NOT running Bobby Knight motion in today's game ----- looks like somebody growing up in the midwest was paying attention. Anyway great article about how he has used math / analytics / advanced analytical scouting to give his team advantages. 

Don't think he's coming but he would be my clear number 2 ------ and the way he yelled at the LSU bench to "get the **** outta here" after the SEC championship game and his penchant for plaid jackets he does remind me of someone.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/ball-oats-how-alabama-became-an-sec-powerhouse-overnight-on-its-way-to-possibly-changing-college-basketball/

Thanks for sharing.  Awesome read.  

6 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Congrats! Having 2 is definitely a lot different lol. We have a 4 and 1 1/2 year old boys. Love it but very stressful.

Go IU and hope we get the best coach who will turn it around! 

Talk to me when you have 3 teenagers Jaybob :)

7 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Thanks Chris!

I’ve said this a few times, but us as IU fans we need to give any coach that’s hire a chance. Would I be thrilled with a Woodson hire, no, but I would welcome him with open arms and wish him the best of luck to turn this program around. Hope others will be willing to do the same! 

My thoughts exactly. I won't be thrilled one bit but after the national media guys telling us how great Sampson, Crean, and Miller would be I'll give Mike a chance. He HAS to put together a bad a$$ staff. Miller lied to us. He told us how great his staff would be...lol