Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

14 minutes ago, GreatMcCracken’sGhost said:

This is my favorite message board theory. Canary trap. I've seen it several times now!

I am curious @Chris007 whether you were told literally "the first story was true" or that in fact the physical was true. Because I believe the very first report about Matta was that he wasn't interested, then the physical was a shocker. 

I was told he was the 2nd choice and took the job, then the physical. Just so I'm clear that was explained from Dolson to a candidate than to me. I don't know the athletic side, or Matta's side

3 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

Had a conference call this morning so I'm taking it at the airport. I arrived around 1030 and a jet was landing... I've been watching but only crew has left the plane... door is open but no activity

Probably a big nothing burger..

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Thanks, who knows, could have been a Whopper! 

23 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Did you see the recent picture of him? Guy had a freakin ankle bracelet on. We've been talking about his health the past three weeks and we finally see a picture of him. He's already injured. 

I guess Greg Oden wore off on him. 

It's not like Matta is confined to a wheelchair... 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

Had a conference call this morning so I'm taking it at the airport. I arrived around 1030 and a jet was landing... I've been watching but only crew has left the plane... door is open but no activity

I was at Assembly hall, look for a big black SUV. It's already over there by now I'm guessing

Just now, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

They're is a black suv parked in front of the Cook building...

There usually is a black SUV around there. Doubt it means anything. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

They're is a black suv parked in front of the Cook building...

Dealer plates? I watched it leave assembly hall, couldn't tell if it was Dolson or Roberts both drive the same thing. 

6 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Parker and Aarman have not left yet. They entered the transfer portal to enable them to keep their options open... both have said that they aren't necessarily or definitely leaving... just that they want to look around and talk to other programs. If IU gets a solid coach, he can keep both... no need to panic yet... IU basketball is not (yet) circling the drain...

I'm not directing this at anyone - more of a generalization, but is it just me, or does the entire IU basketball fan base seem to be totally schizophrenic?

Answering only for myself, I can say "yes we are"...

40 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

Defense matters though, Paul George was an incredible defender... Melo was not. That’s why I say it was close.

the fact of the matter is nba playoffs are an entirely different beast than NBA regular season. Those Knick teams had two offensive threats, Melo and JR Smith, who was streaky as hell. If those are your top two options, I have no idea what you were expecting to happen. Not to mention Melo kind of disappeared at times in the playoffs.

Well, what I’m expecting to happen now is for IU to hire someone with P5 head coaching experience, preferably someone with success at that level. Since that apparently isn’t going to happen, I have to look at the NBA resumes of some of the candidates. Woodson’s resume as a head coach is very mediocre. He won 3 playoff rounds in 9 years as a head coach. You’re absolutely right that the playoffs are a completely different beast from the regular season. Mike Woodson has a 39% winning percentage in the NBA playoffs. 

When I see some of these guys, I ask myself one question: would we be interested in this candidate if they hadn’t gone to IU?

If the answer is no, I’m not interested. Our program is in trouble. We’ve made 10 tournaments in the past 20 years, and advanced past the sweet 16 once in the past 26 years. We’re teetering on the verge of irrelevancy. I’m of the opinion that another bad hire will kill the IU men’s basketball program. Because of that, I want the hire to be as close to a sure thing as we can get.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

Half of the flights these private charters planes take there are no passengers on board.  The plane is merely flying to the next destination to pick up passengers for its next flight.  The plane that flew in from Westchester Co. is scheduled to leave for the Florida Keys shortly.  When Archie was hired none of the flight stuff was at all relevant until after news of the hiring already broke.  That's when a flight from Bloomington to Dayton and back to Bloomington popped up (as we know Glass talked to Miller on the west coast somewhere).