Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 minute ago, Nonymouse said:

Other than the home runs that aren’t coming (Beard, Bennett, Brad, etc), Thad was clearly the best option in my opinion.  He’s severely undervalued. His resume is fantastically strong outside of his two most recent seasons, which were primarily the product of a top ranked recruiting class just completely flopping - every one of them happened to be a miss.  You should be allowed to have two down years after fifteen straight good ones, multiple big ten championships, and multiple final fours - even at IU or OSU  

Between the remaining rumored options, l’m indifferent. They’re all big gambles. Get a dart board. 

Ugh.

$10 million dollar Dart Board. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

Reporting from duty...I can work from my car instead of my house... what time do I need to be there on stakeout ?

I will need a pair of binoculars....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

This is who I want in charge of a stakeout. Get em’ Barn’! 

BF561D7D-D581-446C-B5D6-634DA4F74020.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Who is going to shoot the basketball for us next year? LOL

Our best shooters are gone. 

There's lots to choose from out there....Marcus Carr, Xavier Johnson, Caleb Love.    

We will be fine (not to borrow a phrase from our former coach) if Parker and Armaan choose elsewhere.

TIn Foil territory here... but hear me out. 

After swinging and missing on Stevens the fan base is disappointed Dolson then strategically leaks that the top candidate is Mike Woodson. Therefore lowering the expectations from the fan base so that any hire who is not Alford or Woodson is seen as a huge win. Dolson is also purposefully leaking bad info to some to see who is leaking and who he can trust. 

Praying that Bear, Musselman, Oates, or Porter Moser are picked before a Thad Matta, Dane Fife, Beilien.  

1 minute ago, Hoosier_Hatchet said:

There's lots to choose from out there....Marcus Carr, Xavier Johnson, Caleb Love.    

We will be fine (not to borrow a phrase from our former coach) if Parker and Armaan choose elsewhere.

Yeah because multiple guys leaving screams come play basketball here.

Yep Broad Ripple ,but I think they were being sarcastic as in It HAS to be an IU guy.

Random fact I found out the other day...Wayne Gretzky went to broad ripple and lived in Carmel for a while. Okay, now back to our regular scheduled programming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

After swinging and missing on Stevens the fan base is disappointed Dolson then strategically leaks that the top candidate is Mike Woodson. Therefore lowering the expectations from the fan base so that any hire who is not Alford or Woodson is seen as a huge win. Dolson is also purposefully leaking bad info to some to see who is leaking and who he can trust. 

Praying that Bear, Musselman, Oates, or Porter Moser are picked before a Thad Matta, Dane Fife, Beilien.  

tenor (14).gif

Just now, Golfman25 said:

What kind of physical did they give him -- climb Mt. Everest?  As long has he could get around and felt like he could do the job, what's the deal.  

Did you see the recent picture of him? Guy had a freakin ankle bracelet on. We've been talking about his health the past three weeks and we finally see a picture of him. He's already injured. 

I guess Greg Oden wore off on him. 

5 minutes ago, Nonymouse said:

Other than the home runs that aren’t coming (Beard, Bennett, Brad, etc), Thad was clearly the best option in my opinion.  He’s severely undervalued. His resume is fantastically strong outside of his two most recent seasons, which were primarily the product of a top ranked recruiting class just completely flopping - every one of them happened to be a miss.  You should be allowed to have two down years after fifteen straight good ones, multiple big ten championships, and multiple final fours - even at IU or OSU  

Between the remaining options, l’m indifferent. They’re all big gambles. Get a dart board. 

Whoever we hire (assuming not a Stevens, Beard, Oats, Musselman etc.), I hope Dolson offers a contract that allows IU to move on from the gamble IF necessary.  You can always renegotiate  higher pay/buyout later after they have proven themselves.  

23 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Early 90's

I am 42 and was in middle school when he played.  I think that the 12-14 age range is just kind of the prime geek out for sports guys fan age.  You start to get a little older and realize these are 18-22 year olds who are kids turning into young men, so the idolization thing goes away.

But middle school me would argue around the lunch table for days about how much better Cheaney was than those losers at Michigan.  He didn't win a title at Indiana, but to this day he is far and away my all time favorite player.

8 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Could Dolson be giving out bad info to some to see who leaks and who doesn't? Like that episode of Game of Thrones? 

This is my favorite message board theory. Canary trap. I've seen it several times now!

I am curious @Chris007 whether you were told literally "the first story was true" or that in fact the physical was true. Because I believe the very first report about Matta was that he wasn't interested, then the physical was a shocker. 

1 minute ago, IUCane said:

Whoever we hire (assuming not a Stevens, Beard, Oats, Musselman etc.), I hope Dolson offers a contract that allows IU to move on from the gamble IF necessary.  You can always renegotiate  higher pay/buyout later after they have proven themselves.  

Agree. I’ve had similar thoughts.

Example: Why did an unproven Archie Miller still have a $10 million buyout after four years?

5 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

They’re not that strategic, guys. They don’t care that much about the feelings of the message boards. 

3 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:

LOL

Loved him as a player but being a year older than him I can tell you the age thing bothers me.I couldn't imagine taking this fan base on after I lost a game or two.

Same. Actually Andy Griffith was only 60 when he started playing Matlock on TV. That's right -- the guy everyone is talking about today to invigorate the IU basketball program is older than Matlock. 

1 minute ago, Nonymouse said:

They’re not that strategic, guys. They don’t care that much about the feelings of the message boards. 

You're meaning to tell me that Scott "Daniel Ocean" Dolson doesn't have 8 layers of misdirection running to through us all off the trail? lol