Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

17 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I do not. Just heard from someone who interviewed, who got his info from Dolson. Those were the only names brought up except Stevens of course

I have to think it is because they can't really talk to them because their season is going on or just ended...just my thoughts. 

43 minutes ago, bigrod said:

This would be a person (and his wife) that we didn't think would be interested?

Could someone perhaps illuminate us newbies on whose wife it is we're talking about???? (though I do typically try to avoid talking about the wives of others : )

I didn’t buy the Brad Stevens got a raise from Celtics after he talked with us.

I’m not buying Matta was our number two choice.

Love you Chris, but I don’t see how Thad Matta would be looked at as a better hire then Chris Beard, Musselman, or Oats. Not even Belein for me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

And they lost to better teams so I’m not quite sure what the complaint is 

Pacers may have been better in 2013, but the knicks were the higher seed and had home court advantage. 

My complaint is that Dolson better exhaust the elite P5 options before moving on to Woodson. If they all refuse the job then fine. We have to hire someone, and I’d rather it be Woodson than a mid major guy. But if we just go right to Woodson without exhausting the above mentioned guys... Yikes.

Just now, Moye > Boozer said:

Could someone perhaps illuminate us newbies on whose wife it is we're talking about???? (though I do typically try to avoid talking about the wives of others : )

Years ago an all-time great who didn't win a title who now is an assistant in the NBA wife told my wife that she would never live in Bloomington. Her husband interviewed yesterday. 

1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

I didn’t buy the Brad Stevens got a raise from Celtics after he talked with us.

I’m not buying Matta was our number two choice.

Love you Chris, but I don’t see how Thad Matta would be looked at as a better hire then Chris Beard, Musselman, or Oats. Not even Belein for me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I said the person who interviewed yesterday was told by Dolson that they offered the job to Matta and he failed the physical. I said that Dolson didn't mention any of those people to him. I said I was only getting half the story. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I said the person who interviewed yesterday was told by Dolson that they offered the job to Matta and he failed the physical. I said that Dolson didn't mention any of those people to him. I said I was only getting half the story. 

Interesting because all the IU media folks saying that wasn't true. If that is the case and they offered Matta...hmm

16 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Doesn't it seemed far fetched that other candidates for the job would be mentioned?   

Edited by Justin Kotter

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Pacers may have been better in 2013, but the knicks were the higher seed and had home court advantage. 

My complaint is that Dolson better exhaust the elite P5 options before moving on to Woodson. If they all refuse the job then fine. We have to hire someone, and I’d rather it be Woodson than a mid major guy. But if we just go right to Woodson without exhausting the above mentioned guys... Yikes.

Home court doesn’t really matter in the NBA.

everyone knows Miami was better than those Pacers teams but we still managed to get home court over them. It’s how the NBA works. I can’t see any argument that those Knicks teams were better than Indiana on paper. Their only advantage was Melo, and even then Paul George went toe to toe with him and was arguably better.

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Years ago an all-time great who didn't win a title who now is an assistant in the NBA wife told my wife that she would never live in Bloomington. Her husband interviewed yesterday. 

and the interview was more of a courtesy/checked the box thing?