Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Didn't we have a poster that managed an airport or something along those lines that explicitly told us not to even bother with flights? A butcher tells me that knowing the name of the cow won't make my beef any better then I don't care about the cow's name......but that's just me I guess

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

Treesh looks like I'm going to spend the day agreeing with everything you say. If money is no object. If we are dealing with rich boosters then we should keep an eye on Nate Oats. Saban already is one of the highest paid coaches in sports. And his assistants make a ton of money. There's only so much Bama is going to pay a basketball coach. So if some rich IU guy wants to write a 12.5 mil Alabama buyout I think Oats would leave and would be a fantastic reboot for the program. He ticks almost every box that Dolson laid out and is only 46. I have no idea if a booster will shell out that much for another massive buyout. 

I would support a Nate Oats hire. It shows me Scott wants Indiana Basketball to get serious again. If indeed a booster wants to buy-out the Nate Oats contract then we would be investing well over $25 million dollars into Indiana Basketball (spread out over time of course)

I have talked about Nate much because I don't think it's realistic with his buy-out. I would love to be wrong. His name excites me more than 92% of the names I've seen on here. Only Stevens and Beard would be better if not equal hire in my eyes. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Plane is landing at 10:24. I will be at Assembly around 10:30 for my weekly COVID test. Let's see if it's the birthday boy. 

I'll shoot you over my resume to put on Scott's desk while you're there. I don't want the head job. I want the Team Analyst and Recruitment job. lol

3 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I'll shoot you over my resume to put on Scott's desk while you're there. I don't want the head job. I want the Team Analyst and Recruitment job. lol

Well we'll just sit in his office, until he gives you a job

I'm not sure if anybody knows what Dolson is doing. Maybe they do, maybe not. 

But if we are indeed hiring Mike Woodson -- to me, it's a very uninspiring hire. I was skeptical of Stevens coming and thought Beard was a long shot, but I would've been OK with Beilein or Matta (if healthy). But apparently Matta isn't interested? 

Anyway, I should also say I thought Moren and Allen were uninspiring hires -- so I've been wrong before (lots of times).

We're really still discussing a guy who doesn't have a winning percentage in the NBA?

Not even a winning percentage in the playoffs? 

Who has only won coach of the month ONE time?

Who has never recruited high school players?

Who has never coached college basketball? 

WHO JUST TURNED 64!!!

sadknicks.gif

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

We're really still discussing a guy who doesn't have a winning percentage in the NBA?

WHO JUST TURNED 64!!!

sadknicks.gif

He's not going to be hired.  If Dolson is speaking with him it's to get input not to interview. Stop the nonsense.

Just now, iu eyedoc said:

Someone give me some context for the Woodson hate. He is a well respected, defensive minded coach that, by the player interviews posted on here seems to hold players( even NBA players) accountable. His record as the Hawks HC overall was mediocre, but the team improved every year to the point of 53-29 in his last season. As Knicks HC, he coached them to their only 1st place finish in the Atlantic division  since 1993 and most , wins since 1994. HeII, his 37 wins in his 2nd season are more wins than any NYK team he didn't coach since 2003. He isn't my first choice, but it seems that a lot of dislike for him, much like like for others is just a lot of posters parroting others.

I get he would need some strong recruiters, but I don't see the reason for all the angst towards him as HC

If I am wrong, I don't watch NBA, so I might well be, please point to what I am missing.

He is in his 60s. He has never coached in the NCAA. He has never recruited. We do not know how his coaching would translate to college because in the NBA you are dealing with the top 1% not trying to find the top 1%. Kids today would have no clue who he was when he played in college or the NBA. I just think he would be very underwhelming.

2 minutes ago, Treesh said:

WHO JUST TURNED 64!!!

sadknicks.gif

Where did he go to school? That’s the only thing I care about

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm not sure if anybody knows what Dolson is doing. Maybe they do, maybe not. 

But if we are indeed hiring Mike Woodson -- to me, it's a very uninspiring hire. I was skeptical of Stevens coming and thought Beard was a long shot, but I would've been OK with Beilein or Matta (if healthy). But apparently Matta isn't interested? 

Anyway, I should also say I thought Moren and Allen were uninspiring hires -- so I've been wrong before (lots of times).

I was told the first story on Matta was the correct one

14 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Didn't we have a poster that managed an airport or something along those lines that explicitly told us not to even bother with flights? A butcher tells me that knowing the name of the cow won't make my beef any better then I don't care about the cow's name......but that's just me I guess

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Flight logs are reliable, but what people read into them is not. There is a reason people get excited about a "flight from New York," for example: Lots of people live there, so it could be someone cool, and LOTS of flights come from there, so plenty of opportunity to pretend it's something interesting. But odds are it's just one of 10 flights from New York that will arrive this week.

On the other hand, if you watch for true outliers, you might spy something. During the BS stuff, flights from Hanscom outside Boston were really interesting. Earlier this week, there was a direct flight from Bloomington to the Bahamas. Very rare. Neither of those things turned out to be useful, but at least they were unique.

1 minute ago, GreatMcCracken’sGhost said:

Flight logs are reliable, but what people read into them is not. There is a reason people get excited about a "flight from New York," for example: Lots of people live there, so it could be someone cool, and LOTS of flights come from there, so plenty of opportunity to pretend it's something interesting. But odds are it's just one of 10 flights from New York that will arrive this week.

On the other hand, if you watch for true outliers, you might spy something. During the BS stuff, flights from Hanscom outside Boston were really interesting. Earlier this week, there was a direct flight from Bloomington to the Bahamas. Very rare. Neither of those things turned out to be useful, but at least they were unique.

I'm not sure if we know that flight from the Bahamas was useful or not.