Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

51 minutes ago, GoIU8 said:

People sourced out the yin yang have no idea what's going on yet this loser thinks he does....some people I swear.

Yep. I'd say he is full of beans.

7 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

So there is someone who shall remain nameless I had a feeling whose source isn't as connected as they used to be.  

On another board, I posted that a certain Purdue recruit was having second thoughts, and was heavily considering decommitting and going somewhere else.  He quoted me saying he was hearing the same thing, and named a few schools he supposedly heard the recruit was considering.

The problem?  I made it all up.  None of it was true.

Someone who people see as an "insider" supposedly verified a completely fake rumor.

This about 0708? Doesn’t surprise me

1 hour ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Well, IF the job requirements say you do need it, and don't have it, good luck getting the gig. Who cares if it makes sense to you or me... it matters to them, and therefore, you need it. 

I suppose you could start your own university and do it the way that makes sense to you...

Everyone knows it's a complete scam and society has taken every bit of bait. Not everyone needs to go to college. The vast majority never need to. Some may need to go to a trade school at most. How many kids are going to IU and getting useless degrees at $80k free dollars the govt has handed the school? And that happens everywhere. I mean really is you're not a doctor of some sort, engineer, teacher(maybe HS level, elementary teachers hardly need it anymore because everything is online). To ask someone to go get a useless degrees just so they can coach and maybe teach a useless class, is beyond stupid. 

16 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think we struck out on all big names & Dolson sit in his office with Woodson, Alford, Fife, Lewis, Cheaney on a dart board. Looks like he might have hit Woodson. I have no information that this is true. Just my imagination. 

Looks like Scott us paying for his meals and drinks at nicks for now on

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

Is Dolson even meeting people in person or is he doing zoom calls? Just thought the whole flight tracking might not be what it used to.

They typically meet in an unrelated city apparently from what I have read.   Guess Archie didn’t even see our facilities till after he signed.  Read an article that mentioned where he signed his contract and it was a complete wtf.  

5 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Everyone knows it's a complete scam and society has taken every bit of bait. Not everyone needs to go to college. The vast majority never need to. Some may need to go to a trade school at most. How many kids are going to IU and getting useless degrees at $80k free dollars the govt has handed the school? And that happens everywhere. I mean really is you're not a doctor of some sort, engineer, teacher(maybe HS level, elementary teachers hardly need it anymore because everything is online). To ask someone to go get a useless degrees just so they can coach and maybe teach a useless class, is beyond stupid. 

^^Somewhere in this post is Loaded Chicken Sandwich's secret code that definitively identifies the next Indiana Basketball Coach."^^

8 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yeah, requiring someone to go through a discipline where they increase their personal knowledge is beyond stupid.

What is stupid is arguing about this. I am done... we just have to agree to disagree... 

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

Why is the qualification to coach a college basketball team different to coach an NBA team?

For the record, Jerry Stackhouse is a college head coach right now.... At Vanderbilt of all schools.

Like it or not a University’s primary mission is to graduate students with degrees.  The vast majority of athletes get degrees and regular jobs when they are done.  Parents also want their kids to get degrees — it’s part of the recruiting process.  A head coach without a degree is a bad look. 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

They typically meet in an unrelated city apparently from what I have read.   Guess Archie didn’t even see our facilities till after he signed.  Read an article that mentioned where he signed his contract and it was a complete wtf.  

Which, if you think about it, makes sense. Can't exactly have the AD and a prospective coach riding around on a golf cart campus tour prior to the deal being done. Bloomington is small enough and fans are crazy enough that if a prospective coach was in town prior to signing, someone would find out.

Which is why I was glad that Beard got placed in Bloomington for his tournament games... Not saying that anything happened while his team was still active in the tournament, but hey, you never know.

1 minute ago, madmax said:

Which, if you think about it, makes sense. Can't exactly have the AD and a prospective coach riding around on a golf cart campus tour prior to the deal being done. Bloomington is small enough and fans are crazy enough that if a prospective coach was in town prior to signing, someone would find out.

Which is why I was glad that Beard got placed in Bloomington for his tournament games... Not saying that anything happened while his team was still active in the tournament, but hey, you never know.

And this afforded him a chance to see (one of) the most beautiful college campus in all of North America...

7 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Is Dolson even meeting people in person or is he doing zoom calls? Just thought the whole flight tracking might not be what it used to.

At the very least you have to assume that any flights are only relevant in the very late stages. Not every guy who takes an early interview will be doing it in person, totally agree. Honestly might be a big reason no one knows much.