Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

3 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

I mean it's obviously hinting at Brad Stevens to IU.  Boston clearly needs to upgrade its roster.  Basically, see Boston do nothing to upgrade, which means they aren't making a run which could mean he wouldn't want to commit to Boston if Ainge and ownership don't want to commit to upgrading the roster. 

It's a total stretch and I believe there is a 0% chance Stevens is the next coach.  But I believe this is what he is referring to. 

I don’t know but if they sell everything and start a rebuild Brad will feel ok leaving to come home :-). 

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I’m not caught up on all of this but Isiah lives in White Plains also right.

He and Woody were pretty tight during their playing days. Most of that team used to come up and stay at the Woodson home.  Not sure if they are still tight but interesting they live in the same area 

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

If it's Brad to IU, why is Partizan cringing?    Makes no sense.   Everybody just take a chill pill.

He’s been quiet on the message boards the last couple days.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Didn't realize this fan base was so gullible that they believe every thing they read on the internet.  We see saying watch the NBA trade deadline and everyone jumps to the conclusion it is about Stevens coming to IU. SMH

See the source image

“This fan base?!?”

”Everyone?!?”

Quite literally NO ONE is giving this any credence.

Yeesh.

the posts that have gotten the majority of the ‘likes’ in the past half hour have been about the “couch search” 

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I’m not caught up on all of this but Isiah lives in White Plains also right.

No idea on Isaiah, but Woodson lives in White Plains. There was a flight scheduled to go from there to Bloomington this afternoon.  It got canceled. 

Appears to have been replaced by a NetJets flight tomorrow morning.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJA574/history/20210324/1212Z/KHPN/KBMG

8 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

I mean it's obviously hinting at Brad Stevens to IU.  Boston clearly needs to upgrade its roster.  Basically, see Boston do nothing to upgrade, which means they aren't making a run which could mean he wouldn't want to commit to Boston if Ainge and ownership don't want to commit to upgrading the roster. 

It's a total stretch and I believe there is a 0% chance Stevens is the next coach.  But I believe this is what he is referring to. 

If you really want to make it a Stevens thing (can’t believe I’m doing this), you need look no further than his statements at the pressers. Always says things like it’s his job to try to turn the season around, he can’t not go through this rough patch with his players, etc. The trade deadline is the only external thing that he (or the Celtics) can point to and say “we did everything we could for this season and now we’re at where we’re at.”

I am not saying there is anything to hang your hat on here. But that’s how I’d take it in retrospect if things do change.

Edited by GreatMcCracken’sGhost

5 minutes ago, Nonymouse said:

No idea on Isaiah, but Woodson lives in White Plains. There was a flight scheduled to go from there to Bloomington this afternoon.  It got canceled. 

Appears to have been replaced by a NetJets flight tomorrow morning.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJA574/history/20210324/1212Z/KHPN/KBMG

Not Isaiah, Isiah.  Please...Isiah.

Thank you

1 minute ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

Well he's been all over it so I guess we don't put too much stock in it?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I think he’s a good player evaluator but my guess is his best connections at IU re: bball all lost their jobs last week.