Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 minute ago, mdiu28 said:

Can we just hire Beilein already?

Seems like he's the choice if all tournament coaches have no interest. 

Crazy how we are paying $10 million dollars for Archie to vacation for a year while coaches *potentially* turn us down and we’re hiring someone with zero head coaching experience. 

3 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I WANT BECKY ******** HAMMON!

Way more potential than the old farts of Woodson and Alford. Has learned from arguably a better coach than most of the names I’ve seen on here. NBA connections, smart as hell, has respect of the best players of the world. 

I hope this is a joke.  I don't think I'd ever watch another IU game. 

Rabjohns didn't say much that we didn't already know. One interesting tidbit was some schools are afraid of getting Chris Beard because Texas may want him. Says Texas would throw money at him. That being said, even he the "IU insider" said he has zero clue on what is going on. So take whatever anyone says with a grain of salt. I truly think nobody knows what is going on behind the scenes. 

6 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Maybe this is Dolson's plan. You swing and missed on Stevens.  Everyone is now upset.  Trot out ridiculous names like Cheaney and Woodson so that when you announce Beard or Drew as the next coach everyone breaths a giant sigh of relief and is elated.  I really think that's what's happening.  Pure genius on Dolson's part.

Sums up my thoughts.  I would even go so far to say the push for Stevens may have been dead from the start but Dolson had to feign a real attempt to appease the fan base. 

Rabby Highlights on JMV

1. Not surprising that Franklin is in the portal to explore his options. 
2. Transfers will be crazy with guys looking and moving around.

3. Dolson has talked to former players about who they want. 
4. Dolson has given some former players consideration. 
5. Woodson has interest and is getting some consideration plus he knows how to relate to players. Rabby said he’s a good coach in basketball terms but the question is recruiting which is what already know. He would have to put together a phenomenal staff. 
6. Rabby said he has no clue who they will hire. 
7. There is some interest from IU in Woodson, Cheaney, Matta, possibly interested in Moser and Muss. He doesn’t know if IU will even talk to Fife or Lewis but they might. Altman is interested. He’s not sure if Beard will get called because everyone thinks Texas will do anything to get him when Shaka is eventually fired. 

8. Physicals don’t happen for coaches so the Matta report is crap but IU is or was interested. 
9. Scott is running the show on this search which we already knew. 

Basically Rabby isn’t saying much whether he knows something or not and Dolson has talked to a LOT of people. 

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

This thread has gone from:

"ONLY BRAD STEVENS WILL BE GOOD ENOUGH!"

to

""Sigh...Woodson and Lewis are starting to sound good to me."

Not for me.

I’m keeping my expectations very high despite the lackluster options being laid out in front of me.  

Thad Matta was a lucky dodge.  I’m hoping for lucky dodges for Woodson, B-Line, Cheaney, and quite a few others.   

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Not for me.

I’m keeping my expectations very high despite the lackluster options being laid out in front of me.  

Thad Matta was a lucky dodge.  I’m hoping for lucky dodges for Woodson, B-Line, Cheaney, and quite a few others.   

I like Wayne. Your posts have been very good. 

Who do you want, good sir? 

3 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

He’s not sure if Beard will get called because everyone thinks Texas will do anything to get him when Shaka is eventually fired. 

I say go for it. I think they could have the boosters help out if needed. 

My guess is Beilein or Dolson shocks us with Chris Beard since there hasn't been really any chatter on him. 

Dolson said from the beginning it's going to be quiet. I don't think he goes the Woodson, Cheaney, Fife route. It's going to be someone we haven't really heard anything substantial on.

32 minutes ago, GreatMcCracken’sGhost said:

Recruiting is the main thing I think people give him a lot of credit for. Lacks HC experience but has seemed to be a more successful team builder than Woodson. 

What evidence is there that Calbert can recruit or build a team? He certainly didn't recruit at Saint Louis. 

Gosh, thinking about all of these coaches made head spinning, so I settled on the most surefire and the safest one: John Beilein. 

Yes Beilein is a grandpa to young players, and he doesn't have many years left in his tank. But in my mind, the most important thing is the next 5 years and how we can get back to relevance during that time, then we can talk about a 10 - 20 year plan.