Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

13 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

If Indiana had to win its conference to make the tournament each year we wouldn’t have more than two either in that time span either.

Certainly, but the past four seasons he's had are the only seasons he's been anywhere close. 

The 13 seasons prior to the past four, he finished: 7th, 5th, 5th, 10th, 6th, 10th, 8th, 10th, 7th, 10th, 6th, 8th, 5th.

10 of those 13 seasons he had a losing conference record. Being a great team and missing the tournament because you don't win your conference tournament is one thing. But that wasn't what was happening to him. He went an entire decade without posting a winning record in his conference.

He's had a pretty good thing going the past few seasons. Their trip to the Final Four was a great moment. But recruiting mid-major players, coaching in the Missouri Valley Conference, and then coaching as the underdog in the NCAA tournament is a far cry from coaching at IU and in the Big 10. Could he kill it at IU? Sure, it's possible. But it would be a very large risk. I don't think IU is in a place where we can take that big of a risk. We're another bad hire away from flatlining and becoming Nebraska football. 

26 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am including myself in this statement that our fan base is just nuts.  We take every little tidbit that is tweeted and take it as gospel and freak out about it if it doesn't meet our agenda.  Dolson said you will not hear from him until the announcement on the new coach is made  So why not let him do his job and see what happens instead of freaking out every minute.  We have no idea if any of this info going out has any truth to it at all so let it play out.

It would be nice to have at least a "we are looking at many candidates, some of which are still dancing.  With respect to their programs, we won't entertain discussion with those candidates until their "one shining moment" is complete."  

My brain is starting to turn to mush reading these threads. Here's what I know: four years ago I was following our coaching search just as intently as I am now, and I didn't learn about the hire from here or Twitter or anywhere else. I learned about it from this post ⬇️ on the official IU Basketball Facebook page. My hunch is we'll probably hear about the new hire the same way. I might need a break from this.

Screenshot_20210323-141433.png

3 minutes ago, Vauxhall and IU said:

My brain is starting to turn to mush reading these threads. Here's what I know: four years ago I was following our coaching search just as intently as I am now, and I didn't learn about the hire from here or Twitter or anywhere else. I learned about it from this post ⬇️ on the official IU Basketball Facebook page. My hunch is we'll probably hear about the new hire the same way. I might need a break from this.

I think Woj broke it. There was a lot of smoke that Saturday morning that Indiana was going to make an announcement that day. Just like the Sunday Evening/Monday morning last week regarding Archie. Nobody is going to break it here, but there will be some smoke. 

The only candidates still in the tournament that are realistic.. well honestly I don't see Drew or Mussleman being realistic. 

Says who? Dolson or fans who think that is the case?
I have no clue who he is thinking about. I haven't seen a list released by him. No one really knows. It is conjecture on our part and our reality here on a message board.
He might know something we don't.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I think Woj broke it. There was a lot of smoke that Saturday morning that Indiana was going to make an announcement that day. Just like the Sunday Evening/Monday morning last week regarding Archie. Nobody is going to break it here, but there will be some smoke. 

1 minute ago, Nonymouse said:

There’s a small plane flying from White Plains, New York to Bloomington this afternoon...

Guess who lives in White Plains?

just saying. 

Who...

6 minutes ago, Vauxhall and IU said:

Sound advice honestly.  

I am including myself in this statement that our fan base is just nuts.  We take every little tidbit that is tweeted and take it as gospel and freak out about it if it doesn't meet our agenda.  Dolson said you will not hear from him until the announcement on the new coach is made  So why not let him do his job and see what happens instead of freaking out every minute.  We have no idea if any of this info going out has any truth to it at all so let it play out.
Amengiphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7ma4eo5bkimd6mch7xh1aldzdrpptmzjntrbq8tgw&rid=giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Nonymouse said:

There’s a small plane flying from White Plains, New York to Bloomington this afternoon...

Guess who lives in White Plains?

just saying. 

There have been flights back and forth from there several times over the last several weeks. It’s nothing.