Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Just now, Treesh said:

This type of thinking is why the Pacers are the Pacers! You want Indiana to become the Pacers?!

I just think your line of thinking is ruing the game I grew up loving.  The offense today in basketball is about unwatchable and as boring as watching paint dry.  I hate seeing the dribble handoffs or the ball screens because it brings to many defenders to the ball.  I want see players moving and the ball moving by the pass and not the dribble.  i don't want 3 guys standing around the 3 point line waiting for a guy to beat his defender off the dribble.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I just think your line of thinking is ruing the game I grew up loving.  The offense today in basketball is about unwatchable and as boring as watching paint dry.  I hate seeing the dribble handoffs or the ball screens because it brings to many defenders to the ball.  I want see players moving and the ball moving by the pass and not the dribble.  i don't want 3 guys standing around the 3 point line waiting for a guy to beat his defender off the dribble.

As the game becomes more stagnant, the rules and sport will evolve.  I wouldn't be surprised to see some type of 4 point shot come into play in the next 20 years.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

You should watch the Utah Jazz! 

I'm afraid the game you love is about dead. I pray you never attend an AAU event. I don't think you would like it.. LOL

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Who in his second year went to the championship game

He was dragged there by Knight educated players. I remember thinking at the time that unexpected tourney run  was one of the worst things that could happen, as it led to a big contract extension after he actually stumped for a raise at one of the tourney pressers.

" Davis attracted nationwide attention on the eve of IU’s national championship game against Maryland by saying he hoped to get a raise and saying his lifetime ambition was to coach in the National Basketball Association. "

Davis was obviously an inferior coach by anyone with half of a basketball brain. His career has taken a predictable path to lesser schools with glimpses of limited success and firings.

Each subsequent team became less and less fundamentally sound and possessed lower and lower BB IQ.

Edited by iu eyedoc

32 minutes ago, Treesh said:

He was accurate in the seven - eight year note.

I still stand by my suggestive statement: Basketball has changed since he was last an NBA head coach. 

Big Ten basketball doesn't really resemble the modern NBA, though. And in any event, he's been an assistant coach in the league for the past 7 years. He's lived and breathed the modern NBA for the past 7 years. I have a lot of concerns with his candidacy, but this isn't one of them. I don't think he'd need to adjust to that aspect of basketball. He was an assistant for the Clippers in 2018 and they were 7th in pace that year. 

Just now, iu eyedoc said:

He was dragged there by Knight educated players. I remember thinking at the time that unexpected tourney run  was one of the worst things that could happen, as it led to a big contract extension after he actually stumped for a raise at one of the tourney pressers.

" Davis attracted nationwide attention on the eve of IU’s national championship game against Maryland by saying he hoped to get a raise and saying his lifetime ambition was to coach in the National Basketball Association. "

Davis was obviously an inferior coach by anyone with half of a basketball brain. His career has taken a predictable path to lesser schools with glimpses of limited success and firings.

I could never look at going to a championship as a bad thing.  How many programs can they say that they have been to one championship game and to me that makes our fan base look entitled to be upset with going to one.

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Still take going to a championship game than not getting there

Ok mike Davis was an amazing coach based off going to a championship game with players that was left by the former coach. Mike Davis was the first hire in a series of failures.

I think analytics has totally ruined the offensive game in college  basketball.  I hate just seeing 3's and layups especially since guys today can't hit their layups.  It has taken half the court away and made it so much easier to guard.  Nothing was better than watching RMK offense running off screens and getting guys like Cheaney or Henderson easy 15 foot shots.

30 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I’d take Musselman over Woodson and Alford. I don’t want to lose Franklin anymore than anyone else, but I would hope Dolson waits till we get a shot at some of these other coaches still in the tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

God I'd hope any person with a brain would. If not, we're in deep deep doodoo. 

Edited by Iubravos

So did I miss something or is Chris beard just 100% off the table? I see all this Woodson and Beilein chatter but nothing if beard. Is he a “no” or just haven’t heard anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, cleeter said:

So did I miss something or is Chris beard just 100% off the table? I see all this Woodson and Beilein chatter but nothing if beard. Is he a “no” or just haven’t heard anything.

There's been a lot of chatter on the internet about John, Thad, and Woodson. 

At the end of the day, it's most likely us fans causing this up-take in chatter. We're starting to panic for whatever reason. 

Oats or Musselman is the answer to bring IU back. You can book it or quote that. 100% fact.  Drew and Beard would be solid as well. I'm starting to think we end up with Beilein which won't be horrible because he's a good coach but it won't be too exciting bringing in a 70 year old. 

1 minute ago, cleeter said:

IU hasn’t been in contact according to Rabby, Snow, and Peegs. They’re have been back channel chatter with others but not Beard for some reason.

RUMOR OF THE DAY: a guy on rivals is saying there will be an announcement tomorrow and a press conference on Thursday. He’s saying it’s Alford! 
Is he saying we'll pay him $25/hr and give him a $100 travel per diem? Or a different guy from yesterday?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

IU hasn’t been in contact according to Rabby, Snow, and Peegs. They’re have been back channel chatter with others but not Beard for some reason.

Who are the "others" we're back channeling to according to those guys?

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Or Roy Williams had when KU hired him or Dean Smith when UNC hired him.  Jim Boeheim was only an assistant coach when Syracuse hired him.

Well Boeheim was hired in 1976 as well. If you think about it, modern day college basketball(start of the NCAA Tourney) was 1939. So modern day college basketball had only been going on for 27 years. So finding coaches with a ton of experience like some people want, was a completely different game back at that time.