Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 hour ago, Treesh said:

I would just like to state that Archie Miller ran a very good program here at Indiana, outside of winning of course.

We didn't have players running over each other, your start PG getting arrested during Little 500, grade issues. 

Thanks, Arch! 

But that's sort of the point of all of this... to win. You have to beat Cupcakes, B1G, Top 25 and NC. Just win, baby.

19 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Having to have a degree to go coach is incredibly stupid. You're teaching basketball. Not a class. 

One could argue that it's about the discipline of completing the process... discipline to one extent or another is critical to this...

I think reality is setting in now. IU is nearly a big ten bottom feeder. We had some luster left when Crean came in and re-enerized everything. It's all gone now. We aren't a sleeping giant. If all that resource, and fans, and venue meant ANYTHING at this point, we wouldn't be at this point. The only people it means anything to are the people like we have here on this board. We are hopeless romantics with IU basketball.

Alford is all of a sudden not looking as bad(edit: I forgot he seems uninterested...spurned by the golden boy). Drew is about the best candidate we have and besides coming home, there is nothing for him at IU. 

I guess we are reduced to just taking another shot at an up and comer. 

And so I'm right back to my original thought. A proven TM/JB is probably a marginally better decision than Woodson/Lewis/Fife/Porter.

And finally, if behind the scenes we are truly failing at these negotiations, IU needs to call the interim audible and take the year to get it right. I'll take 1 year if it means actual homerun. It couldn't be any worse than the garbage basketball we just watched.

'Le sigh