Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Just now, ap2345 said:

Rabby has said it multiple times today. He said they could be but there’s question marks that would need to be cleared up.

Forgot about that incident

I'll be honest, I don't follow much of what goes on out west and I had no idea about the history with Oregon players and sexual assault, and Altman lying about what he knew in multiple instances. Holy **** that was bad, like, almost Alford bad. Disqualifying.

I don’t recall in previous coaching searches that the athletic director made a point of announcing that a core of interim staff was being retained. I also don’t recall hearing about it anywhere else. In the past, the time from firing to hiring has only been a week or two. I don’t want to overinterpret and leave myself open for internet abuse, but I thought it was interesting.

7 minutes ago, iubb said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven’t we already tried hiring a coach under NCAA scrutiny?

4 minutes ago, IUHAHN81 said:

At this point, IU needs to just turn this thing into a straight up job fair. Just set a date some time after the tournament and have it open house style. Takin' all comers! 

Speed date style.  At the end of the night IU writes down whoever they are interested in, same with the coaches.  Matches move on to the 2nd round of interviews. 

Just now, Jam said:

I don’t recall in previous coaching searches that the athletic director made a point of announcing that a core of interim staff was being retained. I also don’t recall hearing about it anywhere else. In the past, the time from firing to hiring has only been a week or two. I don’t want to overinterpret and leave myself open for internet abuse, but I thought it was interesting.

Here is my take. Dolson thought he had Stevens locked up and needed people to keep things going in Bloomington until Brad was ready to come. Now he’s just keeping them there so the new coach can decide if he wants to retain them or not. Ostrom and Comar were tied to Archies hip. The other 3 weren’t.

6 minutes ago, Jam said:

I think it's pretty normal. Dakich stayed on to keep running things during the search for Crean, and I don't remember specifically but I'm pretty sure the same happened during the transition to Archie. 

8 minutes ago, Jam said:

You could be right but Sampson left during the season.

Right, but Dakich stayed on even after the season ended until Crean was hired. They need to do this so the program can continue to run for the players. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Enfield anyone?

He won at a small school (FGCU), advanced to a football P5 school and levered that promotion into great recruiting and good results, especially this year. Charismatic program leader too. Admittedly, getting the Mobley brothers after hiring their dad helped immensely, but hey...he got em!

I believe people underrate him because they’ve never see his team play.

I've seen his USC teams multiple times and still remember vividly his FGCU team which had that good tourney run back in 2013. Runs a number of NBA-ish offensive sets and did beat UCLA twice this season FWIW.

Not sure he's enough of a "big name" for Dolson and the donors, but at any rate it's starting to sound like it may end up being Woodson.

Which would provoke a lot of interesting reactions, to say the least...