Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

He’s a 51 year old who’s been a coach for 27 years, a D1 head coach for ten years, and was an NBA assistant for six years.

He can already get an AARP card.

He’s only made it to one sweet 16 during those ten years. But, his moves lately at USC lead me to believe he’s willing to get a little gray, which I’m not against. I’m watching his squad right now and they look like the better team. They’re big and athletic. 

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He’s only made it to one sweet 16 during those ten years. But, his moves lately at USC lead me to believe he’s willing to get a little gray, which I’m not against. I’m watching his squad right now and they look like the better team. They’re big and athletic. 

Gonna be two Sweet Sixteens in about an hour, five minutes.

19 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Did you know he went to the same college as Tom Allen. 

Based on things I’ve seen him say on the sideline, I’m gonna guess it didn’t take.

Enfield anyone?
He won at a small school (FGCU), advanced to a football P5 school and levered that promotion into great recruiting and good results, especially this year. Charismatic program leader too. Admittedly, getting the Mobley brothers after hiring their dad helped immensely, but hey...he got em!
I believe people underrate him because they’ve never see his team play.
Way back when his name was initially mentioned (believe Chris brought it up) I was luke warm on the idea and still am. I don't have any real issues with him and would be ok with it although there are others I'd prefer ahead of him.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Gonna be two Sweet Sixteens in about an hour, five minutes.

No doubt. He’s got a real good squad this year. If I’m being completely honest, my opinion of him started to change when I found out he hired an assistant to get his two 5 star sons to play for him. It’s paying dividends for him. That’s the kind of move I see other schools do and get jealous of. I don’t dislike him as much as I did a few weeks ago.

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

No doubt. He’s got a real good squad this year. If I’m being completely honest, my opinion of him started to change when I found out he hired an assistant to get his two 5 star sons to play for him. It’s paying dividends for him. That’s the kind of move I see other schools do and get jealous of. I don’t dislike him as much as I did a few weeks ago.

Dad is a basketball coach. Completely allowed and super smart. Not even a blink on that one.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Dad is a basketball coach. Completely allowed and super smart. Not even a blink on that one.

Yep, a coach with substantial AAU ties and two very talented sons. I’m not knocking Enfield at all. The right connections are key in college basketball. That move shows me he knows what he’s doing and makes me feel better about him as a candidate. He’s moved up my list. Almost out of the ‘I would be disappointed’ category. A couple more wins in the tournament might get him out of there completely. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yep, a coach with substantial AAU ties and two very talented sons. I’m not knocking Enfield at all. The right connections are key in college basketball. That move shows me he knows what he’s doing and makes me feel better about him as a candidate. He’s moved up my list. Almost out of the ‘I would be disappointed’ category. A couple more wins in the tournament might get him out of there completely. 

Tbf those kids were never leaving California. They’ve lived there all their life. I judge Enfield more off the non Mobley years because I think that’d be more indicative of what kind of recruits and results he’d get here. 

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Kumbaya 2017. Kumbaya.