Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

The not wearing the gear was in jest.  I'm going to either be golfing (collar required at the course and I don't have any IU collared gear, all t-shirts and hoodies) or in the cottage we rented, so it's a moot point anyway.

Being in KY, coon dog collar?...

2 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Lol ok but get you a iu golf shirt for petes sake. Good luck on your round

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

LOL.  I embarrass my daughter when I deck myself out in my red IU hoodie, red IU sweatpants, and red pumas.  She tells me I'm on the cutting edge of kindergarten fashion.

Archie Miller was never a "great young coach." His success at Dayton was overblown, his offense was terrible and got worse every year he was there, and the perception of him was heavily influenced by him being the brother of a successful coach at Arizona. 

True except he’s the brother of a DIRTY coach at Arizona.

Yes I know, I called
Myself out for misreading. I’m stuck in the armpit of eastern kentucky for work reading all these updates on here and Twitter on a small @$$ phone while downing beers at the only local sports bar while watching the games. My apologies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw that after I posted and thought I deleted it. Sorry

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Enfield anyone?

He won at a small school (FGCU), advanced to a football P5 school and levered that promotion into great recruiting and good results, especially this year. Charismatic program leader too. Admittedly, getting the Mobley brothers after hiring their dad helped immensely, but hey...he got em!

I believe people underrate him because they’ve never see his team play.

Is he bringing the Mobley’s with him

13 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Clearly not a Hoosiers fan... emoji15.png

I know it was form Hoosiers and have lived in Indiana all 50 years of my life.  Actually I went to high school in the town that was Hickories home court.  I practiced in the Hoosier gym before it became famous. 

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Enfield anyone?

He won at a small school (FGCU), advanced to a football P5 school and levered that promotion into great recruiting and good results, especially this year. Charismatic program leader too. Admittedly, getting the Mobley brothers after hiring their dad helped immensely, but hey...he got em!

Gotta imagine his wife, a swimsuit model, wouldn’t want to leave So Cal for Indiana...

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I know it was form Hoosiers and have lived in Indiana all 50 years of my life.  Actually I went to high school in the town that was Hickories home court.  I practiced in the Hoosier gym before it became famous. 

Where did you go to High School?

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Enfield anyone?

Would prefer to see more of him first. USC is good this year but how much of that is Enfield and how much of it is hiring an assistant with two McDonald’s all American sons. 

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Enfield anyone?

Enfield not creepy or slimy but Scott Drew is?  

so, it’s optics?  Recruiting shadiness tactics?  

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Where did you go to High School?

Knightstown class of 89  I played in the Hoosier gym a lot and never understood the fascination with it.  It was an older cold gym that was not even an regulation sized high school court.  I think I might own the record for the most 3's made in a game in that gym with 11 in a church league game.

3 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight69 said:

In the current year, I feel like it’s a tough sell to get guys outside of the state to come to Indiana. At USC, you can sell LA and the beach and all that. That’s why I don’t see Enfield being super successful if he came to Bloomington. 

If it was all about location you'd have teams successful throughout Cali, New York, and Florida.  Thankfully, it's not all about location.  Kids want to get to the NBA and want a system that will 1) showcase their skills 2) develop their skills and 3) a head coach and assistants they trust to do the first two.  Location is pretty low on the pecking order of reasons to commit to a program