Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

He’s a young man, really. What 54? Coaching has been tough on him. He looks at least 10 years older in his face and legs. I wish him the best with his health, but even I knew we shouldn’t be targeting him. His quotes when he departed Ohio State speak volumes. He and JB should continue their passion in basketball, just not as a head coach of a major University.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app
I'm 55. If he looks 10 years older, I look twice as old as I am.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, HomeBrew911 said:

Never really been a message board kind of guy and only started following a few months ago. This is my first time posting on any so bear with me. First, I believe yesterday was the anniversary of one of my top five Hoosier basketball moments, A.J. Moye and the Boozer block. I watch a replay of that game every March. As far as a new coach, my completely uneducated opinion is that it comes down to two coaches that being Drew or Musselman. The program needs a jolt of energy and I think these two can provide that. Drew can obviously recruit and both run systems that have energy. You're not recruiting kids to come play defense. You sell them on an uptempo offense and then challenge them to pride themselves on playing lockdown defense. I think both can do this. I wasn't really sold on Musselman at all until after their last game and it was two things. The first was him jumping on the table after the win, that is exactly what this program needs, someone who brings energy and passion. The second was an interview I read about Justin Smith. I saw him as a guy with limitless potential who was just lazy and lacked motivation. Now it seems like he was just unhappy playing in a system that was basically boring and uninspiring. 

Great 1st post!

Tomorrow I go on a vacation to Kentucky for some family time and golfing with my son and father-in-law.  Pains me to not be able to wear my IU gear.  Not worth the grief.
Wear the damn gear who cares. I where mine to work 5 days a week. Only time I care is when my daughter asked me why I like them if they lose all the time. I could only say it wasn't always this way and hopefully won't be for long. Also told her winning isn't the only reason to root for a team!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Tomorrow I go on a vacation to Kentucky for some family time and golfing with my son and father-in-law.  Pains me to not be able to wear my IU gear.  Not worth the grief.

I lived in Lexington for Crean’s last year and Archie’s first two. It was quite miserable.

Personally, I have my group of preferred candidates and that’s where I stopped. Guys who would get this program back to consistent winning. There isn’t just one. I haven’t ranked them in my mind, because as soon as they don’t hire my #1 there will be an element of disappointment. And I don’t know about you, but I’m sick of disappointment associated with IU basketball. I trust Dolson & Co to make a solid hire. We obviously know what he wants for this program, so I’m just going to let him do his work and quit worrying so much. He’s vetting and talking to these guys, not me. He knows more about how they operate and what will fit the program.

Big picture: We moved on from Archie Miller. The next chapter starts regardless of the hire, so be on board for a new start.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Been off the thread since about 3.  Does this sum up the last few hours?
unsubstantiated rumors that Matta agreed to a deal with Indiana and then failed a physical.  Quickly shot down by the most reliable local reporters from our athletic department as untrue.  No one actually has any reliable information that IU talked to Matta, much less went into contract talks or asked him to take alleged physical.  Reaction even after this non proof assumes that all the rumors were true and that apparently he was the only guy we have talked and that we are an embarrassment.  Then some Indiana sports guy with a twitter following smaller than my 12 year old nephew says it will be Belein, then intimates it will be someone from a multitude of former Indians guys.
do I have it summed up?
Exactly correct

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Wear the damn gear who cares. I where mine to work 5 days a week. Only time I care is when my daughter asked me why I like them if they lose all the time. I could only say it wasn't always this way and hopefully won't be for long. Also told her winning isn't the only reason to root for a team!

The not wearing the gear was in jest.  I'm going to either be golfing (collar required at the course and I don't have any IU collared gear, all t-shirts and hoodies) or in the cottage we rented, so it's a moot point anyway.

The not wearing the gear was in jest.  I'm going to either be golfing (collar required at the course and I don't have any IU collared gear, all t-shirts and hoodies) or in the cottage we rented, so it's a moot point anyway.
Lol ok but get you a iu golf shirt for petes sake. Good luck on your round

I like the coaches still winning in the tournament. I would be really happy with Musselman, Oats, or Altman, maybe Drew.
Beard would be good too. Nothing wrong with putting feelers out, but I’m hoping it’s one of the names I mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners