Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Being the men’s basketball coach is the most stressful job in Indiana. He’s not saving lives or treating cancer I know. But all eyes are on the head men’s coach in this state. Would be curious to see if he could handle that stress. I’ve never had back issues but doesn’t stress trigger episodes? I don’t know. 

I mean, stress definitely doesn’t help back problems, but I guess that’s true of most health issues. It could be that one surgery did irreparable damage to a nerve, but otherwise other surgery pretty much fixed his problem. I’ve seen that a lot too. Have also been thinking if drop foot was one of his issues, that could explain people thinking he “needed help to his seat.” My opinion? His issues have most likely been blown way out of proportion. Not saying that they shouldn’t be vetted, but still...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

23 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

We've also been told (not necessarily by you- I don't recall) about how tight-lipped Dolson is about this process....so there are competing narratives out there for sure. 

I think “tight lipped” and “unorganized” are synonymous here. Some of the insider sources are starting to get chapped at being kept in the dark, it sounds like. Doesn’t mean everything is going perfectly of course. 

Just now, GreatMcCracken’sGhost said:

I think “tight lipped” and “unorganized” are synonymous here. Some of the insider sources are starting to get chapped at being kept in the dark, it sounds like. Doesn’t mean everything is going perfectly of course. 

I would rather he has a smaller circle, than a larger one and risk leaks

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Monday reminder:

UCLA searched 100 days before it hired Mick Cronin. He was no better than 3rd choice, after Jamie Dixon and Rick Barnes.

Cronin appears to be cruising to Sweet 16.

Barnes coached no-show Tennessee team.

Dixon MIA.

Back to #MarchMadness 

rick Bozich

Didn't they try to get Calipari too?

1 minute ago, GreatMcCracken’sGhost said:

I could care less if I was told everything or nothing.  Both pay the same, I just share what I’m told.  Sometimes I’m right, most of the time I’m wrong

Comment on Muss, I have some close friends that are connected in the Arkansas AD. I have been to Walton Arena (known locally as the basketball palace of Mid-America) several times, and I can say pretty definitely he is NOT an option. As much as I would like to have him, his family loves Fayetteville, the fan base is amazing and the facilities are top notch. We can't outbid Arky either. Even in Arkansas circles it is thought he may be just there for a few years and is looking for NBA head man status. Look at his coaching record, he is, in a word, transient.  Any move here would probably be in a similar vein. Think any chance of him is DOA, unless he has some history with Indiana I don't know of. Just FWIW.

After watching Arkansas - Texas Tech, I'd take either coach in a heartbeat just because they can get their players to play that hard.  Haven't seen that from the Hoosiers in quite some time.  Getting tired of hearing the coach say how hard we are playing when they don't pass the eye test.

Another thought.  Justin Smith sure makes me wonder if IU is where players go to die.  Smarts and ability and the coach spent three years trying to cram a square peg in a round hole instead of figuring out how to use that ability.  No wonder Smith had a "bad" attitude.