Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Hope this is just a smokescreen put out by Dolson to keep former players happy. Let them think he’s considering former players but ultimately go with someone else.

I think we’ll see things like this till the real announcement is made.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I think it has been cleared they have been looking at some former players so this tweet is nothing new.  I also think we need to listen to the former players more because they are the ones that made IU basketball what it is.

I hope that the previous reports of looking at former players are just smokescreens too. If we hire a former player then it means we struck out on all of our targets. There aren’t any proven former players out there to hire. That’s not to say that it can’t work out. If that’s the route that we take then I hope it works out really well. I just really want to avoid taking another risk with this hire. I want as close to a sure thing as it gets. 

1 minute ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I guess I don’t get why everyone is so negative about Matta?! If he’s fully healthy he’s a top coach, and there’s no denying that. Just finding it really annoying fans dismiss almost any coach because it’s not up to “their” standards! Howard to Michigan was laughed at and look at them this season?! Matta at least ha experience and made runs in the tournament! 
IU basketball is a dream job, but most established top coaches won’t leave their current job unless we get lucky! I wanted Stevens just as much as anyone, but some of you are unreasonable!!! 

I think my viewpoint is reasonable. I don’t even care about his health. 

The fact that he’s been away from coaching D1 basketball and recruiting concerns me. I don’t care about his age. That’s a long time away to be from your passion.

I've been all over the place with my personal list of "wants". It's hard to ignore the noise, however, one name I would love to see more buzz-around is Moser. His teams play with purpose and on his terms/strategy. When Butler was at Stevens, they played as the underdog. Moser has had way, way less talent and superior results. IU will never play as the "underdog"; we need what he's putting in his kool-aid. While he has no P5 experience, I'd love to see him at IU. I believe no matter where he goes, he'll kill.

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I hope that the previous reports of looking at former players are just smokescreens too. If we hire a former player then it means we struck out on all of our targets. There aren’t any proven former players out there to hire. That’s not to say that it can’t work out. If that’s the route that we take then I hope it works out really well. I just really want to avoid taking another risk with this hire. I want as close to a sure thing as it gets. 

Maybe struck out on your list or fans list but who knows who is on Scott's list.  Also there is no such thing as a sure thing in coaching.

4 minutes ago, tomallenfan1 said:

Holy vague. When did Sam Story get control of Rothstein’s account?

Ask Rothstein to repost "Death, Taxes, Matt Painter" a few more times. Ignore this tweet.

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I don’t believe that. Someone wants a raise and we can offer it.

Yes, this is what I've thought. People talk about how this program doesn't have the draw that it used to so we'll have to settle for a mediocre choice. I believe that is partially true in that it's not quite as prestigious as it used to be but there is still the history. If that isn't enough of a draw, it appears the school is ready to open the checkbook for the next coach and pay big money. Unless they've decided to go cheap after missing on Stevens, that is.