Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

3 minutes ago, IUHAHN81 said:

Literally makes the most sense....to me that is.

Why do people take gospel what so called insiders have to say.  In the last few years I was private message 3 times from some of these so called insiders and none came true.  I heard Donovan was coming to IU, I heard Romeo was definitely coming back for his sophomore year and last week was told Stevens was a done deal.

2 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I keep seeing this "prints money" comment about Arkansas...why haven't they printed money for a football coach? They were a good football program in the SWC in the old days. You think they want to suck at the sport that makes the REAL money? They've been trash in the SEC, why not throw money at a big time football coach? For that matter, why were they wandering in the desert for so many years after Richardson was axed? They could've money-whipped a big name coach years ago, why didn't they?

I don’t know college football so I can’t comment. But they have the best baseball team in the country. A great softball team. Great women’s basketball program and now great men’s basketball. 

It’s Arkansas, one of the cheapest states in America. Walmart money, booster money. Mussleman is there to stay. They love their basketball there. National Champions! 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I have no idea but I think Dolson has bigger fish than Matta. He might already have his guy or working on a deal. He wanted to make sure to let everyone know that Matta wasn’t someone he was talking to yet at least.

That is interesting since Matta is more accomplished than anyone else being discussed, arguably including Stevens, since I don't value NBA experience very much. 

This process is keeping my interest. 

3 minutes ago, sirhoosierlot said:

Archie Miller got fired because he went 33-44 in the big ten and never beat purdue lol 

I say we bring him back! Give that poor booster his $10 million back and pray Brad Stevens finds Jesus and comes home to basketball land next year. 

A man can dream :(

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Why do people take gospel what so called insiders have to say.  In the last few years I was private message 3 times from some of these so called insiders and none came true.  I heard Donovan was coming to IU, I heard Romeo was definitely coming back for his sophomore year and last week was told Stevens was a done deal.

I simply meant that I believe Archie got canned THIS year vs next due to Scott having a good idea of who he wanted. I personally am not buying rumors at this point as we all know how that turns out. Just speaking my thoughts regardless of rumors.

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I have no idea but I think Dolson has bigger fish than Matta. He might already have his guy or working on a deal. He wanted to make sure to let everyone know that Matta wasn’t someone he was talking to yet at least.

If they’re doing or planning interviews it can’t be good to have the rumor that they’ve already made an offer out there. 

I think there will be multiple interviews done. 

I’m teetering on the brink of lost hope.

It’d be ironic if Brad Stevens’ rejection was the final straw that sank the Bismarck.

I really would like to know If ND Kendrick and Lander were responding about Matta. Sure seems so.

A Home Run to some, a sliding double to me, if healthy.

Clearly I have too high of expectations. That is one thing I know for certain.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Hope this is just a smokescreen put out by Dolson to keep former players happy. Let them think he’s considering former players but ultimately go with someone else.

I think it has been cleared they have been looking at some former players so this tweet is nothing new.  I also think we need to listen to the former players more because they are the ones that made IU basketball what it is.