Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

8 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

You realize the only reason that Thad Matta isn’t the coach of Ohio State, is because he could barely walk, right? The dude is about as much of a sure thing as you can get, if he is healthy. 

In watching his last couple of years it seemed like he was falling off.  Maybe that was due to his back, I don’t know.  He’s been out of the game several years.  Who knows how he’d do.  I’d prefer someone else than such a situation for a school like Indiana. Or give someone new a chance. 

0708 just said on HSN that the only reason Archie got fired is because IU got duped by Stevens. None of the other big names are coming either because Dolson went all in with no backup plan. Not sure I believe that but who knows at this point because every AD should have a list in their desk just in case. 

Just now, ap2345 said:

0708 just said on HSN that the only reason Archie got fired is because IU got duped by Stevens. None of the other big names are coming either because Dolson went all in with no backup plan. Not sure I believe that but who knows at this point because every AD should have a list in their desk just in case. 

Literally makes the most sense....to me that is.

7 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

Beilein with either Lewis or Fife in waiting - I can get on board with that. 

Beilein can coach, fellas. I know his age isn't ideal but think of him as a bridge between the toilet our program is now and a top tier program - he'll get us there or incredibly close. Then he can fart off and Fife or Lewis can take over. 

I am  not worried about age when it comes to the coach.  I just don't trust the younger up a coming coaches because I don't think they know the game like the older coaches.  Especially on the offensive end where they don't really coach much offense.  It is just having a pick and roll or hope you guy can take his defender off the dribble.

9 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

To be fair He made those final fours in the first 21 years at IU. If you want to include the final season with Calbert and crew 22 years. 11 conference titles. 20 tourney appearances.  3 NCs. 5 Final Fours. 22 seasons. Roughly a final four trip once every 4ish years. A NC once every 7ish. You can definitely make the argument that Coach Knight was here a little too long. I know there are some who find saying that sacrilegious, but the Bob Knight of 95/96ish on was not the same coach of the previous 25ish seasons. 

But he was coach at IU for 30 years or don't the last 8 years count

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Ehhhhhhhhhh

10 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

Beilein with either Lewis or Fife in waiting - I can get on board with that. 

Beilein can coach, fellas. I know his age isn't ideal but think of him as a bridge between the toilet our program is now and a top tier program - he'll get us there or incredibly close. Then he can fart off and Fife or Lewis can take over. 

I’m not a fan of the coach in waiting, personally. If Beilein comes in and has a successful 6-7 years, the job would be looking very attractive. At that point I’d rather go big game hunting. 

20 minutes ago, Treesh said:

He’s built the fan base back up. He’s bought in. He has his team and boys playing well. Arkansas prints money, they will keep him. He’s not coming.

I keep seeing this "prints money" comment about Arkansas...why haven't they printed money for a football coach? They were a good football program in the SWC in the old days. You think they want to suck at the sport that makes the REAL money? They've been trash in the SEC, why not throw money at a big time football coach? For that matter, why were they wandering in the desert for so many years after Richardson was axed? They could've money-whipped a big name coach years ago, why didn't they?

Just now, jimsorgi said:

This is nothing against 0708 - he just shares what he hears - but he doesn't always have the best source, so I wouldn't take his comments as absolute truth.

Obviously or BS would already have been announced!

I appreciate people sharing what they hear, but it seems it's maybe 20% accurate at this point.