Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

3 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

Osterman looks pretty dumb here IMO for releasing info just to be the first one to release jt and immediately getting multiple reports his info never happened.

But, unfortunately, that’s the world we live in. No one cares about facts just the like button (ps hit the like button on my post please, it’s what drives me)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh????  Osterman reported it was false. 

10 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

FYI...Matta was the winningest coach in OSU's history. Hardly sloppy seconds. 

FYI.. No matter how hot the girl is if you’re second it’s still sloppy seconds.

He never released the info first though? He’s reporting what Scott told him. 

Okay my mistake, he was the frost report I saw that claimed “sources told me....”

My point still stands, just insert someone else’s name. I highly doubt Scott Dolson personally told anyone anything until it was finalized.

Just now, Iubravos said:

I believe he will want the IU chance over Arkansas.   If not, then we have fallen a longgggg way. 

He’s built the fan base back up. He’s bought in. He has his team and boys playing well. Arkansas prints money, they will keep him. He’s not coming.

11 minutes ago, Herotime said:

Do you guys sort of feel like the fact that the admin reached out to both Rabby and Osterman almost immediately to tell them the Matta news was a joke to be significant?

I don't know what to believe anymore.  If it wasn't true, you want to squash the rumor.  If it was true, both sides would probably still want to squash the rumor.

I think the fan base needs to be prepared for getting someone that was not high up on the lists or Beilein.  That is where it feels this is going.  This program is a wreck and there is going to be no easy way out of it.  This has been bad decision after bad decision from the firing of Knight forward.  And instead of the administration being left holding the bag, it is the fans.

We are talking about hiring guys that we could have had a decade ago.

RIP Indiana, we don't need a doctor.  We need Jesus to raise Lazarus from the dead.

1 minute ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

Okay my mistake, he was the frost report I saw that claimed “sources told me....”

My point still stands, just insert someone else’s name. I highly doubt Scott Dolson personally told anyone anything until it was finalized.

Kind of ironic you post something with false info about complaining about people posting false information. 

14 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

That's exactly right.  Control you conference.  If you're in the Big10 hunt every year, you're in the tournament (none of this bubble crap).  Then it's a numbers game.  Some years you'll exit early.  Some years you'll get to the sweet 16 and every so often the final 4.  

People act like RMK made deep runs every year but in 30 years he made 5 final fours

29 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

I'm not sure what a physical for a HC position would entail. Would that even be legal under the ADA? This seems highly unlikely to me.

I know it is different but I worked for a trucking company and our drivers had to take physicals before getting a job.

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also who is John Rothchild or did people think it was John Rothstein of CBS reporting this.  The first I looked at this I thought it was Rothstein who is a reparable journalist but looked again at the name.

SI Indiana is only a quasi-real outlet, fwiw. It’s closer to a fan blog than anything.

Kind of ironic you post something with false info about complaining about people posting false information. 

Sure you can take it that way. Osterman literally posted a tweet that said “sources to tell me....” and it’s still there and was the first one I saw being referenced and circulated. He corrected his false report, just as I am saying if he wasn’t the first my mistake. He still reported it so I used it as a reference to my point.

The point being, national media is too quick to post stories just for recognition and likes and not facts.

Just now, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

Sure you can take it that way. Osterman literally posted a tweet that said “sources to tell me....” and it’s still there and was the first one I saw being referenced and circulated. He corrected his false report, just as I am saying if he wasn’t the first my mistake. He still reported it so I used it as a reference to my point.

The point being, national media is too quick to post stories just for recognition and likes and not facts.

His post is saying that the rumors weren't true.  What are you talking about?

17 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

well that was exciting for 30 minutes ..... what's the next rumor?  

Are we having fun yet?

I am starting to think all of these media people are getting together to just mess with the IU fan base.  They know we are crazy and probably laughing at us after every tweet that goes out.