Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

21 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

This is what I’m thinking.

Also who is John Rothchild or did people think it was John Rothstein of CBS reporting this.  The first I looked at this I thought it was Rothstein who is a reparable journalist but looked again at the name.

23 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

I am preparing for a Beilein hire now

I highly doubt somebody in my graduation class (2020 it says it in his bio) has any sort of source on this. Also mentions that he thinks Trayce is a late first round pick and as much as I love Trayce as a player I have to disagree with that.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Also who is John Rothchild or did people think it was John Rothstein of CBS reporting this.  The first I looked at this I thought it was Rothstein who is a reparable journalist but looked again at the name.

Sports Illustrated Indiana, IU grad. 

Just now, zsmithey4 said:

I highly doubt somebody in my graduation class (2020 it says it in his bio) has any sort of source on this. Also mentions that he thinks Trayce is a late first round pick and as much as I love Trayce as a player I have to disagree with that.

AND (you people are missing this point in his tweet) he inaccurately reports Matta failed a physical. It's coming out that is NOT the case. I wouldn't listen to him. 

33 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Why do I have the sinking feeling this ends with us getting Dwight Schrute?  I don't mean Crean, I mean actually Dwight Schrute?

Still and upgrade from Archie.  :) 

Osterman looks pretty dumb here IMO for releasing info just to be the first one to release jt and immediately getting multiple reports his info never happened.

But, unfortunately, that’s the world we live in. No one cares about facts just the like button (ps hit the like button on my post please, it’s what drives me)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Iubravos said:

Musselman is the answer.  I hope Arkansas loses this weekend and we go hard for him.  He may not be a big name for all but will have all the fans backing him in a year.  He is a really good coach and will recruit well too.  

Arkansas is a basketball school. First Sweet 16 in years. They will not let that man leave. The fans love him.

17 minutes ago, Zachetology said:

It would be deflating if we were already at Matta and Beilein. It would be crushing if it got to any of the IU names. 

Both of them would be in my top 5 of realistic candidates unless you really believe we could get Stevens and Bennett.

Just now, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

Osterman looks pretty dumb here IMO for releasing info just to be the first one to release jt and immediately getting multiple reports his info never happened.

But, unfortunately, that’s the world we live in. No one cares about facts just the like button (ps hit the like button on my post please, it’s what drives me)

Wasn't Osterman that released it first. He corrected what rivals reported. 

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

Arkansas is a basketball school. First Sweet 16 in years. They will not let that man leave. The fans love him.

I believe he will want the IU chance over Arkansas.   If not, then we have fallen a longgggg way. 

2 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

He never released the info first though? He’s reporting what Scott told him. 

Jonathan Rothschild has a rousing 625 followers.  His Twitter bio says he's a writer for Sports Illustrated; graduated from the Kelley School in 2020 and lives in NY.  He's also the infamous individual who asked Archie about load management in a post-game media meeting.

Hard to believe he truly has any reliable insider info.  Pay no attention to the man behind the  Twitter account.