Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

9 minutes ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

What this tells me is that options 1 thru 5 all said 'No' (Stevens, Donovan, Bennett, Beard, Few) 

I was rooting for Matta, because I assumed the options above would say NO, Matta's impeccable record speaks for itself.

Where we go now.......Altman, Beilein, Musselman, Moser?

False alarm thank goodness, I hope the hire does not get below or past Matta.

2 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I disagree. It would be disappointing had we kept Archie. We are who we are. We are trying to bring a winner. Everyone has risks or is comfortable where they are. 

Many programs grow their own coach or pull in a mid major guy.  We haven’t had success yet with the latter but we also aren’t content to be bad. 

I agree Matta/Beilein would be upgrades over Archie, but I would want to know that Bennett/Beard/Drew/Musselman/Oats were all contacted first. 

33 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

I am preparing for a Beilein hire now

Would love the Beilein hire and he was at the top of my list and ahead of Matta.  I like Matta but his offense was not always the greatest but  Beilein is a great offensive coach.  I heard people talk how detail he is in every little movement in his offense.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

1) compete and win in the big ten

2) make the tournament

3) start making deep runs in the tournament

All of his former players said RMK never brought up winning the tournament as a goal at the start of the year.  They said all the focus was on winning the big ten and that is all they focused on

That's exactly right.  Control you conference.  If you're in the Big10 hunt every year, you're in the tournament (none of this bubble crap).  Then it's a numbers game.  Some years you'll exit early.  Some years you'll get to the sweet 16 and every so often the final 4.  

1 minute ago, Herotime said:

Do you guys sort of feel like the fact that the admin reached out to both Rabby and Osterman almost immediately to tell them the Matta news was a joke to be significant?

Yes it means the report was wrong and if it had actually occurred the athletic department would look really dumb 

20 minutes ago, Five Prime said:

Then it's not a good plan...no due diligence?  What?  This just further tarnishes an already broken program.  

Well doing a physical before hiring some one is doing your due diligence.

1 minute ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

well that was exciting for 30 minutes ..... what's the next rumor?  

Are we having fun yet?

Give us a few more days and we'll get another lap on Mr Toad's Wild Ride...

Just now, hoosierfan84 said:

Never. Trust. Sources.

f that's not apparent at this point, I don't know what to say. People are flinging crap against the wall just to see what sticks. Bottom line is this. Only 2 people know for sure what's going down, and that's Scott Dolson, and the coach he's in negotiations with. Period. This has passed the point of speculation and crossed into utter stupidity. 

Also just take everything from SI Indiana and Rivals with a couple heaps of grains of salt. Just saying.