Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

What this tells me is that options 1 thru 5 all said 'No' (Stevens, Donovan, Bennett, Beard, Few) 

I was rooting for Matta, because I assumed the options above would say NO, Matta's impeccable record speaks for itself.

Where we go now.......Altman, Beilein, Musselman, Moser?

1 minute ago, IU Prof said:

I'm not sure what a physical for a HC position would entail. Would that even be legal under the ADA? This seems highly unlikely to me.

Curious for an expert to weigh in and in this specific case it’s moot since it’s been denied by far better reporters than initially reported the wrong thing. I have two guesses:

1. You’re right and it’s not strictly legal, OR

2. it’s permissible if both parties consent to it

18 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

I don’t believe that for a single second. Not a chance. Maybe in the course of due diligence, Dolson tells Matta he’d like to talk to him about the gig, asks him to take physical for a baseline, red flags pop up, and Dolson says thanks for playing and moves forward with his process. That I get. But agreeing to a deal with a guy who physically broke down and then checking into his health? Stop it. That didn’t happen.

Just now, Zachetology said:

It would be deflating if we were already at Matta and Beilein. It would be crushing if it got to any of the IU names. 

I think Matta and Beilein are a bit different due to age. If we knew Matta was perfectly healthy he’d be near the top of the list for most, I think.

Now, we’re in no position to know that. Scott Dolson is, we’d hope.

1 minute ago, Zachetology said:

It would be deflating if we were already at Matta and Beilein. It would be crushing if it got to any of the IU names. 

I disagree. It would be disappointing had we kept Archie. We are who we are. We are trying to bring a winner. Everyone has risks or is comfortable where they are. 

Many programs grow their own coach or pull in a mid major guy.  We haven’t had success yet with the latter but we also aren’t content to be bad. 

1 hour ago, Bankshot said:

Here’s a question for the group... why would folks prefer Fife over Michael Lewis? Is it because of his stint as a head coach?

Just wondering because Michael Lewis has been, what seems to be an extremely successful assistant, for like 16 years, under Knight, Stevens, and others. Seems to have played a major part in improving the success of the teams he’s coached with.

And he played for Knight for four full years and coached under him for two more. Fife played some for Knight and some for Davis.

Just curious what folks thoughts are.

Fife is taller.  

But yeah, I'd give Fife the nod due to his previous experience.  But I would view them as 1a and 1b, and would like to see them work together, head coach and associate head coach, to restore the program.  That's if we decide to go the up and comer route.