Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Just now, iubb said:

what do you mean?

They had a plan, and it didnt go thru because it seems like he wouldn't be able to make it thru the life of the contract without health issues

Then it's not a good plan...no due diligence?  What?  This just further tarnishes an already broken program.  

Like I said this morning...once i sat back and thought about Kendrick stating it was a "home run" hire Matta immediately came to mind since Jaquan Lyle played for him at Ohio St. So, it's not a surprise that he was offered. However, this is the first time I've heard of a basketball coach not getting a job because of a physical. 

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We are the embarrassment I’ve defended against for years.

10 million to go after a health risk who hasn’t coached in 5 years, and then fails the physical.

IU administration never ceases to amaze. Doomed

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Look on the bright side, Fleek. This hire will tell us exactly what we've been wanting to know about IU for years. Find it out and we can finally act accordingly.

Hope Rabjohns is right. Aside from the fact that not getting a good coach because of a physical is embarrassing yet totally unsurprising for this cursed program, reaching a deal with Matta would make it pretty clear that we've moved on from Stevens for good (yes, I'm delusional, and still trying to believe that one isn't over yet).