Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

25 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Thank you IU Scott. This is the best mike drop video I've seen on this board in a long, long time. All please watch. 

Can you even imagine IUBB next year if our assistant coaches included some combination of Raymond Felton, Kenyon Martin, Jamal Crawford, Randy Wittman, or even Carmelo Anthony?

Pretty sure recruiting would be beyond imagination great. Like "holy ****" great. Kinda like Michigan's recruiting with Juwan Howard.

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

It shocks me that professional journalists don’t at least use Autocorrect 

I'm still trying to figure out who the "professional" journalist is you speak of.  :)

Just now, Stuhoo said:

No way...UNC would never settle for a mid major guy only because he happened to attend their school.  ;)

They have  kept it in the UNC family since Smith

2 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

My goodness. Can we please stop talking about Tony Bennett. There have been no reports he is interested or IU is interested. 

There is another site that has reputable people that have said there has been talk with Bennett. 

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Minnesota is going to have a tough time building.  Surprising hire to me.  

I thought they would look at the Utah St coach or the Colorado St coach

Just now, goiubb2000 said:

There is another site that has reputable people that have said there has been talk with Bennett. 

I have saw people bring the name up but no proof we have actually talked to him

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Thank you IU Scott. This is the best mike drop video I've seen on this board in a long, long time. All please watch. 

Can you even imagine IUBB next year if our assistant coaches included some combination of Raymond Felton, Kenyon Martin, Jamal Crawford, Randy Wittman, or even Carmelo Anthony?

Pretty sure recruiting would be beyond imagination great. Like "holy ****" great. Kinda like Michigan's recruiting with Juwan Howard.

I would rather not. I imagine Georgetown fans thought something similar when they hired Patrick Ewing. This is what their last four years have looked like. 

A14F273B-AE31-4699-A6BA-4EEC99496FBB.thumb.jpeg.d9e5d10e7a2500a380823257eaae388a.jpeg

For every Juwan Howard, there is a Patrick Ewing. And I suspect that some of Howard’s success at Michigan has to do with playing the same game that he played when he was a recruit. Some Indiana fans don’t want to play that game. That’s fine, but if you’re not willing to do that then you better land a top tier coach. 

3 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

No way they locked someone down last night and we have gone all day without a peep.  Nothing is that tight.  

Perhaps we hear something tonight, but I do think its been decided who the coach is