Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What if you took what he did at UVA at the baseline for what he could do at Indiana? 

tourney 8 times and 5 of them before the S16, he's exited... what if.. at IU he could be like 3 times exited, but 1 more FF, and another E8. 

3 E8s in 8 years. 2 FFs. 1 NC 

Now that is inconsistency I can get on board with! 

2 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

He was exceptional at Buffalo, immediately turned around Alabama, has proven to be a very good recruiter, and runs a modern style. I understand that the buyout may be too much, but he would be my clear #2 after Stevens

He seems to be in that sweet spot of between "potential" and "experienced winner"

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What if you took what he did at UVA at the baseline for what he could do at Indiana? 

tourney 8 times and 5 of them before the S16, he's exited... what if.. at IU he could be like 3 times exited, but 1 more FF, and another E8. 

3 E8s in 8 years. 2 FFs. 1 NC 

If Virginia would’ve had a chance to prepare like normal for Ohio they probably win.

2 hours ago, hoosierbannerd said:

My lord, that triple overtime win (can't remember the year)-- that was fantastic! My friend (God rest his soul) gave up and went to bed. Couldn't wait to tell him the next day of our win.. good times

IU won 86-85 in 3OT. The game was at Madison on Feb 16, 1986. But Bennet wasn't there yet.

7 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Now that is inconsistency I can get on board with! 

He seems to be in that sweet spot of between "potential" and "experienced winner"

You don't like national championships? 

Just now, Hardwood83 said:

No, I said "I'm in" I can live with the flame-outs if Deep runs and an occasional banner result. 

I really think over a 20 year span they would more than even out. We'd also be sooo much more competitive/a true threat in the regular season. 

Take a look at RMK's tourney record in the 80's. Definition of up & down. 

Sure I'd prefer S16 as the minimum and FF as the expectation every year....but that's almost impossible now for even the cheaters at Kensucky and Dook.

Just now, Hoosierfan222 said:

The idea people wouldn’t be excited about Tony Bennett is entirely shocking to me.

Yeah kinda crazy. It's super unlikely, but I'd take him in a heartbeat. 

Just now, IU Scott said:

If we are only looking at offense might as well go after Dana Altman since his team has already put up 65 points and there is still 17 minutes to go in the game.

I would be happy with Altman.

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

The idea people wouldn’t be excited about Tony Bennett is entirely shocking to me.

Why would IU fan's be excited about Virginia's coach? To be perfectly clear, when I say Virginia's coach, I mean Bennett is not leaving Virginia.