Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 hour ago, Unexpectedflash said:

This is why people laugh at IU fans. Bennett is one of the most successful coaches in the NCAA. I think there's zero shot we get one of the few coaches that have won a title but saying he'd be a failure to get is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. 

Because it would be a failure. He doesn't fit Indiana. We literally just had a cardboard cutout of a coach that couldn't get the fanbase excited. He fits Virginia. A historically bad basketball school that had zero culture. So Bennett built one. Indiana has a culture for basketball and Bennett is the literal opposite. 

29 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I consider someone who would make Indiana a bore to be a failure. He doesn't fit the job in anyway. He doesn't have a style that fits IU basketball and he doesn't have a personality more than a cardboard box. He's literally the exact opposite of what is needed. 

So more than winning, you value style and personality?  That's the most un-IU thing I think you could possibly say. The core code of IU basketball is an absence of chest thumping, no names on the jerseys, win as a  team. I am not here enough to know, but I imagine you are too young to actually have any clue what IU basketball style was when they were winning.  Hint, it wasn't particularly exciting, well at least to the basketball novices. maybe research 4 corners or 5 touches before a shot.

2 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I was getting ready to say this. I think Archie was “announced” on a Monday (I was there). Word leaked Saturday. If this is all true I expect to hear something today. 

We also had a search committee and more people involved in the process when IU hired Archie... since this is a "Dolson only" thing, I expect significantly tighter lips with the info... then again, the candidate/new hire will obviously know and so will his family and his current employer (if it's not Matta or Beilein)... so yeah, it will probably start leaking out soon IF Wednesday is the day.

2 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Boy would Chris Mack be a surprise hire. Would shock college basketball in a way honestly. 

Would be a surprise given his ties to Louisville. But hey he could bring the Davis brothers from Warren Central and Matt Cross with him!

21 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

There’s talk that some high profile aau people got contacted by Dolson within the last couple days to see how the new coach would be perceived in the state. My guess is that’s what Kendrick heard but he didn’t want to out the coach by name. I’m guessing that’s why Jim Reamer responded to Bozich in that Twitter exchange with a gif that said “nothing”. AAU guys might be excited but do t want to burn bridges before the new coach gets to town. 

Jim Reamer......Ha.

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Because it would be a failure. He doesn't fit Indiana. We literally just had a cardboard cutout of a coach that couldn't get the fanbase excited. He fits Virginia. A historically bad basketball school that had zero culture. So Bennett built one. Indiana has a culture for basketball and Bennett is the literal opposite. 

Indiana had a culture for basketball. The delusion of the hardcore fanbase has been on full display over the past week. IU is no longer a top-tier job, and it hasn't been for some time. It's time to come to terms with where this program stands to almost everyone outside of Bloomington and/or Indiana. We have a great history, but we haven't been relevant for an extended period of time in decades.

2 hours ago, Treesh said:

I'd be very happy with Chris Mack.

However, I just find it hard to believe he leaves Louisville. It's been considered his dream job. His family is associated with the University and the area. Would be quite the news. I'll be okay with it! 

Maybe he's heard that he and his program will be paying the price for Pitino's escapades... and sees this as a chance to get out of Dodge.

3 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Boy would Chris Mack be a surprise hire. Would shock college basketball in a way honestly. 

I am just not warm to that hire....IMHO...Better coach, yes. But somewhat blah. Not too sexy with big money on the table...He wouldn’t get that kind of money at IU.

6 minutes ago, Unexpectedflash said:

Has anyone else heard Wednesday other than that guy on the Rivals site? He has notoriously bad info and is not someone I'd consider an insider. 

Like an announcement Wed?

1 minute ago, IUHAHN81 said:

Not real high on Mack coming just because of sanctions at U OF L. I want a winner but I also want them to WANT to be here not because it's their bail out option. 

I wouldn't think that'd be the reason. I don't think he's an option anyway. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What does Indiana basketball mean? 

I watch Carmel (the best program in the state right now)...  score 52ppg in the tourney so far. I literally do not care what style it is as long as it's a winning one. 

I'm a bit older and remember the days when IU & Wisconsin would be in a "battle to the death" 50-49 game that kept everyone on the edge of their seats. Epic defensive battles. Every point was more than well earned. 

Just now, T White said:

I'm a bit older and remember the days when IU & Wisconsin would be in a "battle to the death" 50-49 game that kept everyone on the edge of their seats. Epic defensive battles. Every point was more than well earned. 

My lord, that triple overtime win (can't remember the year)-- that was fantastic! My friend (God rest his soul) gave up and went to bed. Couldn't wait to tell him the next day of our win.. good times