Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

This would make sense. Dolson's press conference stated he would talk to those around the state and get their opinions, which I assumed meant AAU/top high school coaches. 

That’s what any smart AD would do. 

3 minutes ago, jumpshot53 said:

Beilien is still highly thought of with kids.   I think he started slow in the BIG because  he was learning the conference.  He is way past that now, he could win at any BIG school now, and his successes were pretty recent.  He isn't that old, people do well at his age.  Look at our recent Presidents...lol.  John seems like a kid next to them.  

Did you see the reaction of the Michigan players when John was there for their big ten championship this year? Was pretty cool. 

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

There’s talk that some high profile aau people got contacted by Dolson within the last couple days to see how the new coach would be perceived in the state. My guess is that’s what Kendrick heard but he didn’t want to out the coach by name. I’m guessing that’s why Jim Reamer responded to Bozich in that Twitter exchange with a gif that said “nothing”. AAU guys might be excited but do t want to burn bridges before the new coach gets to town. 

"see how the new coach would be perceived in the state"

so following that logic-sounds like it would for sure not be an "IU guy" 

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

Haha it is rumored that Mr. Glass did not do that...

Correct and Dolson really cares about the program. He’s swinging for the fences while also talking to others that are interested. 

4 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

The day leading up to the announcement everyone was saying Blackmon was going to UK. Kendrick was one of the few that kept saying he was going to IU. 

That's what I thought 

Just now, hoosierbannerd said:

I don’t think it is. That said you always want to check. Just because it’s an IU guy doesn’t mean AAU coaches and High School coaches would like the hire.

41 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

As a 1 seed, lost to a 10th seeded Syracuse team in the tournament. PASS.

(jk)

12 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

There’s talk that some high profile aau people got contacted by Dolson within the last couple days to see how the new coach would be perceived in the state. My guess is that’s what Kendrick heard but he didn’t want to out the coach by name. I’m guessing that’s why Jim Reamer responded to Bozich in that Twitter exchange with a gif that said “nothing”. AAU guys might be excited but do t want to burn bridges before the new coach gets to town. 

Sounds to me like a possible Thad Matta hire.......

Kendrick usually gets good information. I live close to him and Lander. I have no source but based off the two of them I would guess it’s Mack or Belein with a possibility of Beard. Mack coached and played in Evansville . Belein coached Landers favorite team growing up.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

8 minutes ago, hoosierbannerd said:

If true....what coach on the current list OR off the list, would excite AAU coaches around the state of Indiana....and the likes of Lander, ( if related to his latest Twitter enthusiasm)???

Still Smoke & Mirrors?

1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

Kendrick usually gets good information. I live close to him and Lander. I have no source but based off the two of them I would guess it’s Mack or Belein with a possibility of Beard. Mack coached and played in Evansville . Belein coached Landers favorite team growing up.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Boy would Chris Mack be a surprise hire. Would shock college basketball in a way honestly.