Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

3 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Hey Class, 

I’ve been worried this whole time that the coach we hire won’t get much of a chance if it wasn’t Stevens. Really hope everyone will get behind whoever we hire because this program needs our support with a new coach, even if we aren’t thrilled with the hire. See if the results come and then judge. Now, I may struggle to support with someone like Alford or Pitino, but still. 

I'm very much with you on this. I think it would be pure cancer to get this hire and we hit the ground, as fans, bitching a fit because it's Beilein and not every thing is perfect. Once the decision is made, it's done. Go back to rooting. I'm annoyed with the end of Archie Era, and want so badly just to sit back and not analyze every little flipping thing. 

3 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Lander had a Texas Texh offer too fwiw.

He had a lot of great offers. Yeah he had a bad year but he has the most potential on the team currently. I'd put Jordan up there on potential too!

I find it hard to believe Scott Dolson will tell the players who is coming. That doesn't make sense to me at all. Maybe he tells them an hour or two beforehand but anything longer seems a little reckless. 

I need this hire to be a great one who can hit the ground running right away or my IU interest is going to be virtually nonexistent. After a 5 year tournament absence I can't go through another multi-year rebuild. I absolutely hate watching March Madness when our team is once again sitting at home. 

1 hour ago, iu eyedoc said:

If  you consider a guy that has won a NC and the ACC 5 times in the last 8 years a failure, not sure what you would consider a success.

image.thumb.png.7dfc972258cdd4bb0ba4120989b99e71.png

I consider someone who would make Indiana a bore to be a failure. He doesn't fit the job in anyway. He doesn't have a style that fits IU basketball and he doesn't have a personality more than a cardboard box. He's literally the exact opposite of what is needed. 

Just now, Treesh said:

He had a lot of great offers. Yeah he had a bad year but he has the most potential on the team currently. I'd put Jordan up there on potential too!

I find it hard to believe Scott Dolson will tell the players who is coming. That doesn't make sense to me at all. Maybe he tells them an hour or two beforehand but anything longer seems a little reckless. 

Gut feeling is Lander got his info from Kendrick if he was tweeting about the IU coaching job. 

3 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I also find it all but impossible to believe that Dolson would leak.

I find it entirely possible that an agent/sports marketing firm would leak. N.D. Kendrick is completely wired in to the AAU scene. He is someone that could find out before the public.

Just now, Treesh said:

In other news, Archie Miller changed his Twitter bio and header. I wonder why Dolson didn't like Ostrom. Interesting. By all accounts he seemed like a decent guy. 

Who said he didn't like Ostrom? Just because he didn't stay on as part of the transition staff?

unless I missed something, pretty sure that had more to do with Ostrom's loyalty to Archie, as they had been together for a decade. 

Just now, IUc2016 said:

Who said he didn't like Ostrom? Just because he didn't stay on as part of the transition staff?

unless I missed something, pretty sure that had more to do with Ostrom's loyalty to Archie, as they had been together for a decade. 

That's probably more likely. I thought Ostrom did a very good job recruiting. He just lost his mom three or four weeks ago and now he lost his job. Tough stretch for the guy!