Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 minute ago, Iubravos said:

They know Mack well since he recruited him Lander.  Would be easy for him to tell Lander which told ND.  I am guessing that is who it will be. He has been out of the tourney so they could of easily been in negations. Is Mack a home run, I'd say probably. 

I'd be very happy with Chris Mack.

However, I just find it hard to believe he leaves Louisville. It's been considered his dream job. His family is associated with the University and the area. Would be quite the news. I'll be okay with it! 

Just now, Treesh said:

However, I just find it hard to believe he leaves Louisville. It's been considered his dream job. His family is associated with the University and the area. Would be quite the news. I'll be okay with it! 

UL may be staring down the barrel, Bloomington is close to wife's family in Louisville, and his recruiting has been severely hampered. No clue, but surely it's possible.

8 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

No way you finish the deal  and wait till wed to announce.  That seems silly. 

If the "announcement" is a press conference you would. Archie agreed on a Saturday and the press conference was like 2 days later. 

1 minute ago, Iubravos said:

They know Mack well since he recruited him Lander.  Would be easy for him to tell Lander which told ND.  I am guessing that is who it will be. He has been out of the tourney so they could of easily been in negations. Is Mack a home run, I'd say probably. 

I would say probably not but just my opinion. He has taken over programs that were wildly successful before he got there and has kept them relevant, but doesn't have a resume that a Thad Matta or even a John Beilein has. Not that I want those guys, but I would say he is more on par with those types of hires rather than a HOME RUN (Stevens, Beard, Bennet).

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

I don’t think it’s Mack but it’s not like Louisville and Bloomington are that far apart. I wouldn’t live in Louisville and work in Bloomington, but traveling back and forth often wouldn’t be an issue. 

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I hope Goodman gets it first and he’s in such shock someone else like Rabby gets the tweet out first.

I hope Goodman gets it first and he is so shocked that it shuts him down like a toddler and the "Stadium" tells him that they will be moving in a different direction due to his inability to focus on meaningful material.  

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

UL may be staring down the barrel, Bloomington is close to wife's family in Louisville, and his recruiting has been severely hampered. No clue, but surely it's possible.

Gosh I'd be happy with that hire. I hope he brings Murrary, that would be a great assistant coach. Throw in Lewis so this board is finally happy with an IU guy on the bench. 

Just now, Treesh said:

Gosh I'd be happy with that hire. I hope he brings Murrary, that would be a great assistant coach. Throw in Lewis so this board is finally happy with an IU guy on the bench. 

He just fired Murray a couple days ago

3 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I hope Goodman gets it first and he’s in such shock someone else like Rabby gets the tweet out first.

I hope Goodman tweets what he’s hearing and is wrong and looks like an idiot yet again....I’m tired of that guy.

on another note Knight crew, you guys were supposed to crack this code while I was asleep lol

Tony Bennett is interesting but he isn’t what I’d call an innovative offense that Dolson seemed to talk about...one of the slowest paced teams(albeit efficient) in college basketball. 

my guess is more rumors so far.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken...lol but really I’m just guessing

My prediction

Mack- 35%

Beilein -10%

Matta- 30%

Beard - 25%

Has to be one of those 4 or an out of left field nobody is talking about. I guess maybe Bennett but I highly doubt that. 

He's a message board poster on peegs. But hey...he's saying that people will be happy to a message board audience. 
If true, this means not Drew, Musselman, Oats. They still have ballgames to coach.
Could be Beard, Mack, Bennett (that would really surprise me), Matta.
If indeed word starts to leak that it's a universal 'home run hire,' that to me most likely indicates Beard or Mack. Either would be completely fantastic. Remember...Mack's recruiting at UL has been severely hampered by potential sanctions.
What his excuse for numerous lack luster seasons at Xavier? I'd root for Mack but I just think we'd get a slightly better and more experience Archie

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Let's just rehire Sampson since impermissible phone calls is pretty low on the scale of recruiting violations we've seen over the last several year. I'm completely kidding with this but was watching the game yesterday and one of the announcers made a comment that made me cringe about "where would IU be now if they hadn't forced him to resign." Blah blah blah