Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

2 minutes ago, Treesh said:

That tweet could be anything from Lander. Honestly, a transfer wouldn't surprise me. Would sure stink to lose him. He has the highest potential on this team. 

I agree normally, but it’s odd that he and Kendrick tweeted at the same time.  Maybe they both like messing with us to get some laughs.  I know I for one am done listening to the inside scoop.  

7 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Bennett constantly outcoaches whoever is across from him.  While he has had a couple of really bad first round losses, the talent level he's had really doesn't match up with the seed level.  Might be he feels that he could attract more talent in a place that absolutely craves basketball.

He's not going to attract more talent with that disgrace of a system. 

10 minutes ago, Treesh said:

That tweet could be anything from Lander. Honestly, a transfer wouldn't surprise me. Would sure stink to lose him. He has the highest potential on this team. 

I have no idea, but I’d be surprised if his friend ND Kendrick called it a “home run” hire and he ends up transferring. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I have no idea, but I’d be surprised if his friend ND Kendrick called it a “home run” hire and he ends up transferring. 

Just saw that tweet. A home-run hire for everyone here includes about two names, maybe three if we're being kind this morning.

1 - Brad Stevengs

2 - Billy Donavan

3 - Chris Beard

I think that's mostly agreeable upon this board. Going from that list, I would assume Chris Beard would be the most realistic considering the timing of that tweet and TT losing. 

I can't tell from the overnight posts--has anyone besides ND Kendrick and Lander tweeted that it is a 'home run'-type hire?

Wondering if it's a great hire for the two guys from Eville (could be Calbert) or if others have said Dolson struck big.

17 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

He's not going to attract more talent with that disgrace of a system. 

In the last 3 years he's signed 6 top 100 players. The 2016 class, which was the one responsible for leading them to the championship, had 4 top 100 players. He's not my first choice either as I'd prefer a more up-tempo style, but he gets good talent. He doesn't get 5 stars, but he gets very good college players who stick around. I think IU would be really good if he came, but I'd prefer to watch a different style.

1 minute ago, Iubravos said:

You people are nuts if you wouldn't want Musselman.  He is my #1 if we can't get oats. 

I'd be happy with Drew or Beard as well.  Really hope it is one of those 3 and l think we'll be in good shape. 

I personally don't think Mussleman is possible. I've shared my own views on why I wouldn't want him.

But using logic, Arkansas won't let Mussleman walk away. He's going to get a payday more than likely. Arkansas loves their basketball. They might have found their guy in Mussleman. The fans are bought into him and frankly, Mussleman is bought into the program. Did you see all those Arkansas fans there last night? WOW!

My prediction - Mussleman is at Arkansas next year with a nice new paycheck. 

4 minutes ago, rebelcc said:

I don't know who Fpeaugh is either but I believe this is what Kentuckysucks was referring to...

Fpeaugh2

Done deal. Announcement in two days. People will be happy.

He's a message board poster on peegs. But hey...he's saying that people will be happy to a message board audience. 

If true, this means not Drew, Musselman, Oats. They still have ballgames to coach.

Could be Beard, Mack, Bennett (that would really surprise me), Matta.

If indeed word starts to leak that it's a universal 'home run hire,' that to me most likely indicates Beard or Mack. Either would be completely fantastic. Remember...Mack's recruiting at UL has been severely hampered by potential sanctions.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

I can't tell from the overnight posts--has anyone besides ND Kendrick and Lander tweeted that it is a 'home run'-type hire?

Wondering if it's a great hire for the two guys from Eville (could be Calbert) or if others have said Dolson struck big.

I'm assuming these guys know nothing. I don't think Scott would tell the players who is coming. I mean, come on. These kids can't keep a secret around girls and friends. Right? 

I remember "People will be happy" being pumped down a feeding tube for Archie 4 years ago. Fool me once..

I have confidence Dolson will make a great hire. Just really hate that line when used in cryptic posts/tweets.

Edited by FightFor6

2 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

In the last 3 years he's signed 6 top 100 players. The 2016 class, which was the one responsible for leading them to the championship, had 4 top 100 players. He's not my first choice either as I'd prefer a more up-tempo style, but he gets good talent. He doesn't get 5 stars, but he gets very good college players who stick around. I think IU would be really good if he came, but I'd prefer to watch a different style.

It would be quite the failure on Dolsons part to hire him. Plain and simple.