Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

5 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

A HOME RUN hire (allcaps)? A much more established coach than we might think?

This is pretty simple. 

Who hit more home runs than anyone (steroids aside)? Barry Bonds. 

Where did Bonds play the bulk of his career? San Francisco -- or the Bay Area. 

Who coaches in the Bay Area? Steve Kerr. 

It's so easy if you just simply follow the clues. Our next coach will be Steve Kerr. 

Or if you follow the anti-steroid argument ...

Who hit the most home runs? Hank Aaron. 

Where did Hank Aaron play when he became the HOME RUN king? Atlanta. 

Who coaches in Atlanta? Josh Pastner. 

So -- our next coach will either be Steve Kerr or Josh Pastner. 

Ha ha ha... for a second there I thought you were somehow going end end up with Kevin Bacon.

Why has this thread exploded? Just that ND Kendrick tweet? The guy doesn't know anything. He could've just read the Bozich article on Matta and said that (hypothetically) would be a home run hire. We have no idea if he knows who the hire is or is just speculating. No use getting revved up on this one.

Why has this thread exploded? Just that ND Kendrick tweet? The guy doesn't know anything. He could've just read the Bozich article on Matta and said that (hypothetically) would be a home run hire. We have no idea if he knows who the hire is or is just speculating. No use getting revved up on this one.

I am pretty sure he knows, because a recruit told him lol

He has connections in IU/INDIANA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, iubb said:

I am pretty sure he knows, because a recruit told him lol

He has connections in IU/INDIANA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just like Duncomb knew it was Stevens last week? Please. 

11 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

My guess is it’ll be announced around final four weekend.

Only way that happens is if there is a drop on the buyout after April 1st or if the coach is still coaching. If not, the coach needs to get in ASAP to make a roster assessment and hit the transfer portal. 

4 years ago, people were taking everything read on a message board and social media and believing it(BD).
For 4 days everyone was doing the same thing with Stevens. In both cases, the rug was pulled out from under them . I was one of them with BD. Now since Thursday, every time someone mentions a new coach or the that Dolson is only looking at certain people on those same platforms, they are believing it again.
IMO, no one knows. Dolson is keeping everything close to the vest. I have no idea and no one else.
Continue to debate the pros and cons of the names that people have speculated about. There have been some great discussions, but don't believe anything until it is announced.

BTW, I am not criticizing those that shared the information they heard. That isn't my intention.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk