Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 minute ago, iubb said:

That’s amazing.

Which means when the hire is announced its Going to be wayyy out of left field and someone nobody was Expecting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Tonagel?

We have to get back to basics!  Learn to crawl before we can run!  It sounds stupid, but it's true!  We don't need RMK or BS, but we need someone that can teach and get the most out of their players!  It doesn't have to be a sexy hire.  Just F***ing win!

Just win baby giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Cross him off your list for sure. Shouldn't have ever been on it but not because of one game in a tournament. This way of thinking is what gets us in trouble. It's all about body of work.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Quoting to emphasize this nugget. Very important IMO. A nice run, even a couple of seasons don't a great coach make. 

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Calipari isn't a Kentucky guy. Bill Self isn't a Kansas guy. Coach K isn't a Duke guy. Jay Wright isn't a Villanova guy. Bob Knight wasn't an IU guy. 

What's IU culture? Playing hard for 40 minutes? You don't need to be an 'IU guy' to have your team play hard. 

You would have had to be alive to see good IU basketball I guess to understand.

29 minutes ago, iubb said:

I mean it. The lack of leaks for this is impressive, and doesn’t happen much.

Exactly why I think there was more to the Stevens thing. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Well I wasn't, and I'm getting tired of waiting for it to happen again. IU has made it past the sweet 16 once in my lifetime.

I know that sucks! We all want the same thing trust me. All us old farts long for the past because it was fun to kick @$$! We will get there again

Just now, Capt. Crimson said:

Would love to know who this random Twitter user is referring to. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Kendrick has some connections in southern Indiana circles, not saying he knows whats going on here - but I wouldn't be surprised.