Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

52 minutes ago, IUHAHN81 said:

So r we all going on the notion that Dolson is wide open with a list of 10+ possibilities or more along the lines of he has a plan that we just don't know?

After dropping $10 large to fire Arch... I hope to God that he has a plan.

Just now, Chris007 said:

I’ve researched Mike White, and Shaka Smart I’ll pass on both. Beilein-Lewis is starting to make me happy. 

At first I thought Fife would be a better candidate but now I switched to Lewis being a better HC

Any Chance we could get Mike White?

I've only watched Florida's two tournament games, but they're the worst coached team I've seen. Lots of talent, no system. I don't know what they were doing on offense the last ten minutes, but they basically just had the PG sit at the top of the key until there were 10 seconds on the clock and then had him go 1 on 1. It was terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Mike White sux every year.

Not sure  how he got a good reputation 

Has to know someone. Never made the tournament at Louisiana Tech. I mean he gets his team to the tournament but still. I felt one year they made a deep run on luck. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Has to know someone. Never made the tournament at Louisiana Tech. I mean he gets his team to the tournament but still. I felt one year they made a deep run on luck. 

His father is the AD at Duke. 

Brother has made his rounds as an AD. Currently the new AD at Tennessee

Edited by TheDarkKnight69

Honestly, I'd probably take Steve Pikiell at this point. He turned freaking Rutgers around. 
And if we would have hired him 4 yrs ago, people on here would have gotten angry. It just goes to show , you never know how things will work out

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

At the end of the day..I'm just going to let it play out. I know I sound like Dakich there but that's honestly how I feel after the last four years. Not that Crean was a huge success but I never thought he'd win two B1G titles and have us as a 1 seed two years after finishing dead last in the Big Ten. I thought Archie was going to be here for a long time. You just never know. Even with recruiting I thought Romeo was going to lead us to success. He's a good player, just not what we thought. I really don't want a Dane Fife or a Mike Woodson. But I'll give them a chance but at the same time be skeptical...IF they are the hire. You are right..a lot is recruiting the RIGHT players and building a culture. 

That's about all we can do. We have no say... and have to trust Dolson to get it right... or die trying.

Crean did a good job digging us out of Sampson's mess... but with the #2 and #4 pick in the same NBA Draft, he was unable to get out of the sweet 16... and couldn't teach how to beat a zone...

Arch was in over his head... a classic example of the Peter Principle, IMO. He was great at the MM level, but just didn't have what it took to get it done here...

Tired of the roller coaster of big names that aren't coming (Donovan, Stevens) and the untouchables like Few, Musselman and maybe Beard...

But have we sunk to the Alford or Woodson level?

Thankfully, it's not my call to make..

12 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I just out another IU forum and saw a multi-page thread talking about how good of a hire Woodson would be. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. This IU nightmare needs to end. 

That’s because that page is full of the “it’s gotta be an IU guy” types.  

2 minutes ago, 94Hoosier said:

That’s because that page is full of the “it’s gotta be an IU guy” types.  

Some of that creeping in here too. I think the Stevens episode has a lot of people feeling jilted, so they are grasping at something familiar. 

13 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

I've only watched Florida's two tournament games, but they're the worst coached team I've seen. Lots of talent, no system. I don't know what they were doing on offense the last ten minutes, but they basically just had the PG sit at the top of the key until there were 10 seconds on the clock and then had him go 1 on 1. It was terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen that play too many times at SSAH...

6 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

That's about all we can do. We have no say... and have to trust Dolson to get it right... or die trying.

Crean did a good job digging us out of Sampson's mess... but with the #2 and #4 pick in the same NBA Draft, he was unable to get out of the sweet 16... and couldn't teach how to beat a zone...

Arch was in over his head... a classic example of the Peter Principle, IMO. He was great at the MM level, but just didn't have what it took to get it done here...

Tired of the roller coaster of big names that aren't coming (Donovan, Stevens) and the untouchables like Few, Musselman and maybe Beard...

But have we sunk to the Alford or Woodson level?

Thankfully, it's not my call to make..

Yup. That's why I'm glad/fine with Dolson is taking all the time he needs. Have to get a coach who is a winner with this hire. It may not be a big winner at the press conference but time tells. Not with Creans tenure but usually I think you can tell by year two if you have the right coach or not. 

I am pleased with two things: 

1) They parted ways with Archie. Glass would've kept him for one more year. 

2) They went hard after Brad Stevens. That's all we can ask. 

Just now, Hardwood83 said:

Some of that creeping in here too. I think the Stevens episode has a lot of people feeling jilted, so they are grasping at something familiar. 

I guess as a long time fans we have seen what has worked at IU and what hasn't.  RMK built a culture of tough minded players who might not be the highest rated but they worked together well.  He brought in guys who were tough and wouldn't back down from a fight.  He brought guys with high basketball IQ's and guys who could actually hit shots.  He built a culture of tough minded defense where the whole was greater than the parts.  

What we have witnessed the last 21 years has not worked so why not try going back and building a culture that has worked at IU.  This might not work elsewhere but at Indiana this kind of thing is important to the program.  Why not bring in a guy who passion is IU basketball over a guy who is coming here for a raise or a guy going up a level.