Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

So beard is to much like archie style. Beleine is to old. Thads health is the word. Fife Woodson lol basically zero experience. Drew trys to deport people. Where we going?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I really would be OK giving Michael Lewis a chance... maybe Indiana shouldn't be the spot to "give someone a chance" but if it came down to an Enfeld or Woodson hire, Lewis seems like a nice option.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately as I watch games...hear coaches and read things all over I have come to grips with the fact that our reality is

1.  Beilein

2.  Matta if actually healthy

3.  Fife

4.  Mike Lewis  

no one elite or in  a good spot is coming here...

Edited by 94Hoosier

4 minutes ago, cthomas said:

That's absolutely true. But we are arguing about which coaching candidate can lead us to the promised land. What I have seen from these coaches makes me think that maybe they aren't the difference makers. Maybe it's the coach who recruits the right players. I'm kinda over the drama of the search at this point.

At the end of the day..I'm just going to let it play out. I know I sound like Dakich there but that's honestly how I feel after the last four years. Not that Crean was a huge success but I never thought he'd win two B1G titles and have us as a 1 seed two years after finishing dead last in the Big Ten. I thought Archie was going to be here for a long time. You just never know. Even with recruiting I thought Romeo was going to lead us to success. He's a good player, just not what we thought. I really don't want a Dane Fife or a Mike Woodson. But I'll give them a chance but at the same time be skeptical...IF they are the hire. You are right..a lot is recruiting the RIGHT players and building a culture. 

After watching Arkansas - Texas Tech, I'd take either coach in a heartbeat just because they can get their players to play that hard.  Haven't seen that from the Hoosiers in quite some time.  Getting tired of hearing the coach say how hard we are playing when they don't pass the eye test.

Another thought.  Justin Smith sure makes me wonder if IU is where players go to die.  Smarts and ability and the coach spent three years trying to cram a square peg in a round hole instead of figuring out how to use that ability.  No wonder Smith had a "bad" attitude.

49 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I guess we can say Beard watch begins. I think IU hired Sampson about a week and a half after their season ended. Same with Crean. Archie was about a week spot on. If Beard is the guy, we will probably know within the next 7-10 days. If we get to Final Four weekend and this position is vacant I have no clue who it will be. I don't mind Scott Drew but I don't think he gets the job. 

Not to pick nits... but CTC > Arch was 11 days (03/16 > 03/27), fire to hire.

2 minutes ago, cthomas said:

That's absolutely true. But we are arguing about which coaching candidate can lead us to the promised land. What I have seen from these coaches makes me think that maybe they aren't the difference makers. Maybe it's the coach who recruits the right players. I'm kinda over the drama of the search at this point.

I think where some of the problems lie is we are looking just for a guy to get us to a championship.  We all want to win championships but first we need to get back to competing for the conference title first.  The other night on that round table every former player said RMK never mentioned winning a national title.  It  was always  about winning the big ten and that was the most important thing.  If you get to the point where you are winning the conference it will lead to a better seed in the tournament which helps with success.

Snow says IU is focusing on Matta, Woodson, and Beilein and he doesn’t think Matta would take it. Then again Snow also thought IU was keeping Archie. 

Embarrassing. Doubt it’s true, but utterly embarrassing.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Not to pick nits... but CTC > Arch was 11 days (03/16 > 03/27), fire to hire.

True, but I think he was announced on Saturday the 25th? That's what I'm referring to. If it was announced on the 25th, the deal was probably finalized the 24th. Dayton's season ended I think in the first round that year (the Thur or Fri the week before).

Not sure how watching games & listening to coaches leads you to that conclusion, but if we hire #3 or #4 I will join your despair and throw rotten fruit at Dolson next chance I get. 

Beilein nor Matta are sexy hires, but they are very good coaches that have won in the Big Ten. Timing is everything. We can only hire guys that are available. IU piddled the last couple hires down their leg and that has consequences. 

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

If this isn’t the reality check we all needed..... I’m not sure what is. I’m beginning to think these national guys making fun of us are onto something. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

If this isn’t the reality check we all needed..... I’m not sure what is. I’m beginning to think these national guys making fun of us are onto something. 

UCLA all over again.

9 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Snow says IU is focusing on Matta, Woodson, and Beilein and he doesn’t think Matta would take it. Then again Snow also thought IU was keeping Archie. 

Not to nit pick, but that's not really what he said. I'm not a Snow fan but he said that is what someone (same person he noted who told him Brad had a chance to come to IU) told him and that he wouldn't "take that as gospel". To me, there was really no information shared. I'm only on that site since they had a cheap deal lol

But again, that's how I took it. I promise I'm not trying to come off as rude. 

7 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Maybe it’s because they are the ones that can actually do an interview at this time

50 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I think Florida fans would help him pack for Bloomington!

He was on my short list last time. He's been linked to the Duke job but he's been a little underwhelming at Florida recently.. 

They will now...after losing to Oral Roberts 81-78 just now.

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I just out another IU forum and saw a multi-page thread talking about how good of a hire Woodson would be. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. This IU nightmare needs to end.