Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

4 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Whoever the next coach is I hope IU releases the wrong name to Goodman, let him announce it and then give someone else the correct name

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Why won’t this site let me like this more than once?

51 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Great leader of men. Gotta think if his xs and os were better they’d never have been stuck in Egypt in the first place!

I had a girlfriend who used to claim that the only reason they were stuck in the desert all those years is Moses wouldn't stop and ask for directions. (It was her women's version of a male driver joke, aimed at me once when we got lost)

My only concern with Drew is whether he burned any bridges with the Indiana HS/AAU circuit with the whole threatening to deport the recruit business.

If not, he and Beard are neck-and-neck at the top of my board.

Edited by IU Prof

I am thinking we might hear something final 4 weekend unless that coach is still in the tourney. I just hope whoever it is that they can coach both offense and defense and they recruit shooters. I saw the Luke Brown kid play yesterday and he could help Indiana big time. He reminded me of Alford only quicker, a better ball handler and passer with a very quick release. 

Go Hoosiers!

32 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

If memory serves, Crean was fired on a Wednesday or Thursday. 

We found out Archie was the man two Saturdays -- or a week and a half -- later. 

My guess is we're in for at least another week of this. 

But I don't wanna. 

So, here's a recap of the past week:

"Ugh, sounds like Archie's staying. I hate this. Why don't we care about basketball?"

"Woah, Archie got fired! Maybe we do care!"

"Wouldn't it be crazy if we made a run at Stevens?"

"OMG, we actually have a chance at Stevens?!"

"WE'RE GETTING BRAD STEVENS?!!"

"WE'RE...not getting Stevens?"

"Woodson...Woodson?"

"Matta anyone?"

All of this within the past 7 days. Probably crazier than any stretch we had this season. 

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Andy Enfield is where I might be at, still trying to decide 

I'm a big believer in geographic fits. Enfield has never coached or recruited in the Midwest (at the collegiate level). His current roster is almost all from Cali, with the only three kids from east of the Mississippi all being transfers. That's a major negative for me. He hasn't been successful enough to overcome that, IMO.

Realize the same could be said of Beard, but his success has been at a level where I'd be comfortable taking him on. And his recruiting at Texas Tech has been more national.

Edited by IU Prof

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Andy Enfield is where I might be at, still trying to decide 

What I don't understand about any interest in Enfield is two-fold:

1. He hasn't done much at USC. He's never gotten out of the second round of the tournament in eight years at USC. No conference titles of any variety at USC either. 

2. His USC program was one of the handful of programs most prominently noted for buying players during the FBI investigation. 

So, here's a recap of the past week:
"Ugh, sounds like Archie's staying. I hate this. Why don't we care about basketball?"
"Woah, Archie got fired! Maybe we do care!"
"Wouldn't it be crazy if we made a run at Stevens?"
"OMG, we actually have a chance at Stevens?!"
"WE'RE GETTING BRAD STEVENS?!!"
"WE'RE...not getting Stevens?"
"Woodson...Woodson?"
"Matta anyone?"

All of this within the past 7 days. Probably crazier than any stretch we had this season. 

As bad as the Big 10 has shown it is in the tourney, and let me remind everyone we were at the bottom of the Big Flop league, I hope we do not reach. We were bad in a bad league apparently. We need a PROVEN college coach. Not Woodson ( tho he is one of my all time favorite players) and not a Matta ( really lol??)
There are some quality guys you all have mentioned. Step up Dolson

U hafta believe there is SOME plan in place because they really have been tight lipped. I think we as fans are just so eager to win that we are all over the place right now. I for one am trusting Dolson until he proves me wrong. This whole process has felt different. Gotta be for a reason.