Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

What did we pay $10 million dollars for? We're going to find out. A booster gave his money with insurance knowing we were going to get someone. (I'd hope he's/she's smart enough)

I just don't know folks. I really think we should've kept Archie until we had a solid answer from Brad. Maybe he said No a month ago? Maybe Scott is indeed waiting for the tournament to be over? Maybe our candidate is still coaching

I'm expecting we'll have our next coach by this time next week. There as no need to fire Archie this early unless that booster was really just careless with his money. 

42 minutes ago, Treesh said:

What did we pay $10 million dollars for? We're going to find out. A booster gave his money with insurance knowing we were going to get someone. (I'd hope he's/she's smart enough)

I just don't know folks. I really think we should've kept Archie until we had a solid answer from Brad. Maybe he said No a month ago? Maybe Scott is indeed waiting for the tournament to be over? Maybe our candidate is still coaching

I'm expecting we'll have our next coach by this time next week. There as no need to fire Archie this early unless that booster was really just careless with his money. 

Cam is probably still counting money while reading all this with a slight grin on his face 

1 minute ago, JudahRMK said:

Cam is probably still counting money while reading all this with a slight grin on his face 

He's got a fat cigar in his mouth looking at the Brad Stevens thread laughing his @$$ off. 

My biggest fear now is that going all in on BS (which I’m glad we gave it a shot) ends up backfiring with other candidates. Anybody connected with basketball has watched this play out to some extent. It’s no secret our choice was Brad Stevens and the entire fan base was behind it. Will other top coaches who may have had interest now hesitate knowing they are at best the distant second choice and that they’ll never be Brad Stevens? 

8 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

My biggest fear now is that going all in on BS (which I’m glad we gave it a shot) ends up backfiring with other candidates. Anybody connected with basketball has watched this play out to some extent. It’s no secret our choice was Brad Stevens and the entire fan base was behind it. Will other top coaches who may have had interest now hesitate knowing they are at best the distant second choice and that they’ll never be Brad Stevens? 

They won’t care for the right price. Plus they’ll want to be the coach that fixed Indiana. 

Now that the BS is over, what will happen?  Donors are saying wtf.  $10 million for what? To get jerked around for two months?

So Dolson will go and get a REAL Indiana guy that the donors will LOVE.

Keith Smart 

Way better than BS anyway  

jmo 

Edited by BayernFan

1 hour ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

What is there to backfire?  It is only people like us message boards that are making a big stink over Stevens.  To the rest of the world, it is a non issue.  IU tried to hire him, and he didn't want to come.  This same scenario plays out during every coaching search.  

1 hour ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Wouldn't give a second thought to being second choice for a destination job.  Indiana has the fan base, facilities, money, and tradition to be a top job.  It is located in a state that is a hot bed for basketball.  The University has been there and done that numerous times in the past and has the potential to do it all over again.  All it is waiting for is the right person to wake up the sleeping tiger.  Second choice?  So what?  If I were a coach and thought I had the gonads to take IU back to the top, I'd jump at the opportunity.

12 minutes ago, jmsgws said:

What is there to backfire?  It is only people like us message boards that are making a big stink over Stevens.  To the rest of the world, it is a non issue.  IU tried to hire him, and he didn't want to come.  This same scenario plays out during every coaching search.  

It may not. I hope it doesn’t. But it wasn’t just message board chatter. Plenty is social media chatter with national media chiming in. Any other coach’s circle will be aware that we put all our eggs in the Stevens basket. They may not care. But if I’ve got things going at another school, I’d be hesitant to take over a place that I know everyone wanted someone else to that degree.

Wouldn't give a second thought to being second choice for a destination job.  Indiana has the fan base, facilities, money, and tradition to be a top job.  It is located in a state that is a hot bed for basketball.  The University has been there and done that numerous times in the past and has the potential to do it all over again.  All it is waiting for is the right person to wake up the sleeping tiger.  Second choice?  So what?  If I were a coach and thought I had the gonads to take IU back to the top, I'd jump at the opportunity.

If I myself and another guy applied for a job and said company picked him over me but said guy decided to stay where he was so they then offered it to me (the backup plan) I’d be all for it. I got the job so I’m good. Basically just a long drawn out way to say “agreed”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, cleeter said:

If I myself and another guy applied for a job and said company picked him over me but said guy decided to stay where he was so they then offered it to me (the backup plan) I’d be all for it. I got the job so I’m good. Basically just a long drawn out way to say “agreed”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get what people are saying but this isn’t the scenario. It would be more like you wanted to apply for the job but they didn’t let you b/c the one the wanted was the other person. All the employees of the company were ecstatic about this other person coming and made it known. A bunch of industry folks were talking about this other person coming to to take the job. The company and its employees were all in on the other person. The other person didn’t take it. You are extremely successful at your current job and compensated very well. Your coworkers love you and don’t want you to leave. Your company performs better than the other one. Is the other job as attractive as you thought it was?