Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Maybe Brad’s lack of a denial yesterday and all these rumors have Brad distracted and the players as well. Could explain the poor showing against Cleveland so far tonight. 

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

Brad Stevens:

1.  Pay $10 million to buyout Archie's contract  Check.

2.  Coach subpar with the Celtics, who suddenly don't mind you leaving.  Check.

3.  Get a $70 million pay day from IU.  Check.

Brad Stevens is four steps ahead of everyone.  He's like Chuck Norris and Keanu Reeves got together and had a baby...made of gold.

He’s playing 7 dimensional chess while everyone else is still playing 2d chess 

21 minutes ago, DWB said:

If I knew what a tweet was, I might try that. But I don't twitter, I don't facebook, tic-toc, text, or any of that garbage. It's nothing more than "management by interruption". email is just fine.

But if I knew India's email address, I would certainly invite her to join us.

I have twitter, but don't really tweet. Just really to follow sports. I don't do FB or any of the other stuff.

6 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

Alright I did my part, I’m following! Come on guys pump up the numbers, it’s not like you can’t unfollow if he turns into a dud!

ok, I'll play along...

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think this dude knows something. I’m following him myself, but also I keep waiting for him to turn into Ashton Kutcher & punk us.

Dude was friends with Mark Titus from Indy in college. Titus played AAU with Oden Conley I believe and they all went to OSU under Matta?  Not sure if that is the “source”??

Edited by IUCane

The part about Brad wanting to change the roster and go big makes sense. That coincides with the Pacers trade talks for Hayward centered around Myles Turner. Then when the trade fell through because the Pacers wouldn’t give up more than Turner and McDermott it came out that Ainge had no interest in Turner and actually was going to flip him. I can see that Maybe Brad was pushing for Turner but Ainge didn’t want him. 

B0BA0822-3669-4EB5-A4E4-CDE7836335AD.jpeg

I think Scott is after Brad, If not he wants Beilein, because he thought we should hire him back around the time Crean got hired.  If not either of those two, it is one hell of a smoke screen to bring back RMK, because he thinks we are cursed because of his dismissal! 

10 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

Take it for what it’s worth, heard today from someone connected to a booster that has a relationship with dolson (how close I don’t know) but he has season tickets on the floor. Anyways he said that he has heard very similar contract numbers to what chris mentioned earlier. He didn’t know who it was prepare to be offered to but he was under the impression as most of us in that he doesn’t think they would fork over 10 million to fire Archie and over that kind of money for someone other than Brad. Again, he doesn’t know anything for sure just another connection hearing similar things to what we’ve heard from others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If those numbers are accurate, there is NO WAY this is for B-Line. He would take far less than $7 or $8 mill. So i am not sure where the B-line done deal tweet came from a few pages back.

3 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

Not sure if that was intended to sound so snarky or not but I’ll be honest y’all are more than welcome here, but it’s not like we were begging for extra traffic either. I think what you meant to say is, we helped you guys by having a board that actually ya know.... works.

I think we all genuinely appreciate this board's welcoming tone towards us wayward strangers. I imagine that once HSN is back up+the euphoria of hiring Brad in a few weeks wears off that things will go back to normal. Or maybe a normal with some new members but not to this level.

Edited by madmax

1 minute ago, madmax said:

I think we all genuinely appreciate this board's welcoming tone towards us wayward strangers. I imagine that once HSN is back up+the euphoria of hiring Brad in a few weeks wears off that things will go back to normal. Or maybe a normal with some new members but not to this level.

You guys largely have been great, and are more than welcome here anytime. That post just got under my skin a little.