Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 minute ago, TargaFlorio said:

Or things could come crashing down in the next hour or so when Stevens has another pregame press availability. He could be more clear if he wants to (or not). 

That is also true, I would expect he'll get asked about it again

8 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I get it and appreciate you guys but this is the most unified and excited this fan base has been in at least 6 years. Times like these make these types of boards the most fun. Unbridled enthusiasm is better than the alternative imo. I do understand that the mods probably aren't able to enjoy it like the rest of us though. Just wanted to say that sorry

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Agreed... and while the mods may not be enjoying this as much as some of us, at least they aren't busy policing the forums and putting out fires. :D

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Again it’s not a done deal, things are looking better than they ever have to get him(doesn’t mean we will), enjoy the ride and even if it isn’t Brad take pride in knowing they went all in for him and they will for their next candidate as well. And no I’m not saying he isn’t coming either, just want to make sure most of us embrace the new coach whoever it may be.

What’s with the skepticism? It’s Brad! :)

1 minute ago, IUrocker said:

Wonder if that photo of AJ and Brad was actually taken today? I know earlier with the riddles we were talking about #11...AJ wore number 11. People were saying IT. 

AJ wore 25

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Again it’s not a done deal, things are looking better than they ever have to get him(doesn’t mean we will), enjoy the ride and even if it isn’t Brad take pride in knowing they went all in for him and they will for their next candidate as well. And no I’m not saying he isn’t coming either, just want to make sure most of us embrace the new coach whoever it may be.

I'm definitely hoping for Brad Stevens to be the new coach but even if it doesn't work out that way I can find great solace in knowing that legitimate attempts were at least made....makes a huge difference to know that. It hasn't always felt that way with previous searches or hires.

Wanted to say thanks too to everyone for all of the info and updates being shared...really appreciate it, and it is fun.

1 minute ago, IUrocker said:

Wonder if that photo of AJ and Brad was actually taken today? I know earlier with the riddles we were talking about #11...AJ wore number 11. People were saying IT. 

Just now, lillurk said:

AJ wore 25

Looks like he wore 11 as a Bull

2 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

I should not have caught myself on this thread......I blame Guyton if my heart breaks lol

I’ll never forgive him if Stevens doesn’t come to IU. After the Donovan debacle and four years of archie-ocrity, my heart and fandom can’t take another let down

50 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Many thought Donovan to IU was a done deal last time.  I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch.

Can we turn on the heat lamp? Multiple heat lamps?

3 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Wonder if that photo of AJ and Brad was actually taken today? I know earlier with the riddles we were talking about #11...AJ wore number 11 for the Bulls.

Almost positive they'd be wearing masks in an airport if it were taken today. Stevens would get in trouble for breaking league protocol otherwise. Old pic.