Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

16 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

Excuse the language... but isn't this guy connected?a23bf7692df9a98c533ca72c60fac015.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

He would sometimes post on HSN. I think he said before Miller was fired that he didn't have any intel on that so I'm not sure if he has more info than any of us about this.

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

This is just for a coaching search, imagine if we win a National title or are even in another final 4. This will be crazy!!!

Or if we win the Big Ten Tournament. Or beat Purdue...

The possibilities are endless!

Edited by Kodos

Just now, Bobman1 said:

Don’t mean to add unnecessary material but this has to be the biggest moment in site history. So many new mods and I’m shocked the servers haven’t been crashed already.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The biggest moment in site history was undoubtedly when Stromboli got extra cheese.

This, to me, has the feeling of four years ago when the Billy Donovon runaway train derailed on this site. 

Hope I'm wrong ... 

Too many unanswered questions about Stevens. 

I'm betting on Belien, who stays for 5-6 years and gets us back in business -- with maybe a B1G title or two and a decent couple of NCAA tourney runs. Then, when the job comes open again, we'll be much more attractive. Or perhaps he's set up with an assistant who can take over in a few years -- maybe a Michael Lewis-type. 

I still just have difficult time believing Stevens will come back. 

And if he does -- I'll be elated. But if he doesn't -- I'll be prepared. 

3 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

This is just for a coaching search, imagine if we win a National title or are even in another final 4. This will be crazy!!!

That would be glorious.  This fanbase has been waiting for 20 years to really blow the roof off.  Look how nuts we still are about a (crazy awesome) shot in a regular season game against Kentucky...

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

This, to me, has the feeling of four years ago when the Billy Donovon runaway train derailed on this site. 

Hope I'm wrong ... 

Too many unanswered questions about Stevens. 

I'm betting on Belien, who stays for 5-6 years and gets us back in business -- with maybe a B1G title or two and a decent couple of NCAA tourney runs. Then, when the job comes open again, we'll be much more attractive. 

I still just have difficult time believing Stevens will come back. 

And if he does -- I'll be elated. But if he doesn't -- I'll be prepared. 

I think it’s 

Stevens 

Beard

Belien

Fun for posters but for the us over here we have a obligation to our community of posters here to keep stuff running smoothly and efficiently.  I don’t know much about the other board but we take pride in keeping our threads on topic as much as possible 
I get it and appreciate you guys but this is the most unified and excited this fan base has been in at least 6 years. Times like these make these types of boards the most fun. Unbridled enthusiasm is better than the alternative imo. I do understand that the mods probably aren't able to enjoy it like the rest of us though. Just wanted to say that sorry

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

I'm guessing at this point no more news is coming tonight, even though there really hasn't been any "official" news to come out on it.

Stevens has a game to coach in about 2 hours

Or things could come crashing down in the next hour or so when Stevens has another pregame press availability. He could be more clear if he wants to (or not).