Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

I wanna say it’s a done deal so bad, but I can’t yet!! I was told if it happens it will be sooner than we think. Someone’s better half is ready to come home.....

Yes! So Brad won’t be finishing out the season with the Celtics and start rolling with us instead if it’s indeed a done deal? 

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Is there ANY reason to believe that an Evansville rapper with hopes who predicts Stevens to IU is worth anything whatsoever?

Cause whether Stevens has real interest or not, I'm not seeing that.

I would think if they were actually negotiating  a buyout it would have leaked to the national media.

1 hour ago, Bowhunter said:

If Stevens is not going to workout, I’m not as big on Beard. I wonder how his recruiting will do in Indiana. Texas kids are really far away to come to Bloomington. I respect his tournament run a couple years ago. Bobby Knight connection is cool, but not a game changer for me. His offensive style a play seems a little boring to me. Not sure how recruiting mid west and Indiana kids will respond. I guess I’m just torn. Have kind of been leaning more towards Oats and Mussleman with Drew and Belein/Matta as back up.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If Beard can recruit players to Lubbock F'ing Texas (which puts the a** in the a** end of nowhere) where do people seriously get the idea he couldn't recruit better players to Bloomington? That makes even less sense than loving the Butler offense under Stevens but complaining about Beard's offense. What you saw at Butler and Texas Tech will not be what you would see with either one of them at IU with better players to run their systems. No matter how great any coach's offensive scheme is, the BIG tends to favor teams capable of playing physical, grind it out styles when necessary (such as every game vs. WI, MSU, PU, RU, etc).  Of all the coaches mentioned frequently here, Drew is the one who's recruiting and style of play are least likely to translate well to IU. 

4 minutes ago, Bankshot said:

If Stevens were to become the coach he could build such an incredible staff.

Amazing possibilities: Lewis, Guyton, keep Hunter, Cheaney, keep Roberts, etc. Virtually limitless.

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

@chris007 I was referring to a message about Brads wife wanting to come back home. That’s been the biggest positive in IUs favor.

If true he’s coming back from my experience in marriage.