Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

12 minutes ago, TargaFlorio said:

I don't know if John Beilein will be our next coach (there are a few others higher on my wish list) but I will say he's a really nice guy from the one time I met him.  I was walking through the lobby of the JW Marriott one Final Four weekend when I saw him sitting by himself and I went over and said hello and that my Dad is a Michigan grad.  He jumped out of his chair and shook my hand.  We stood there and talked college hoops for several minutes including about IU (wish I could remember what he said about IU).  I remember leaving and being blown away by how friendly he was to some random IU grad.  

None of this means he's the perfect coach to hire right now, just that he seemed like a really decent guy.  

Thanks for sharing. I liked him as our next coach if Stevens doesn't work out, but now I like him even more. As Beilein looked always calm and collected, I thought he'd be quite introverted and maybe a bit anti-social, but I was wrong. Coaching prowess would be the most important aspect for the next coach, but a new coach should also be a friendly person because he will have to interact and shake hands with tons and tons of people in a lot of occasions. And that'd be more than what Beilein did at UM because IU's a basketball first and foremost school. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

I'll admit, with so many new posts each time I check, I scroll until I see Chris

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Yes we need to start a credible new coach information only thread! 

1 hour ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Pure Xs and Os he's probably 2 or 3.  But it would take him 4 years to get there and that assuming he could still recruit like he did in the past.  He needs shooters and we have none.  He never wins right away.  

You're not wrong, but there is no guarantee anyone, even (gasp!) Stevens will win right away. We don't know what IU's roster will look like next season and Stevens is a good coach, but not a magician. Will take him a couple years most likely too. I'm willing to wait, but will definitely temper my expectations.....well, I'll TRY to. 

BTW, Kentucky does, in fact, suck. So good work on that. 

1 hour ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

I honestly can't even keep up... by the time I read 5 posts I have a notification that there are 7 new posts.... If I go to lunch there are 7 new pages, and at some point if it says the last post I read was 20 hours ago and there are 69 new pages I just have to skip to the end....

The new posts climbed to 10+ just while typing this message!

Here's a synopsis of what you missed: "Blah blah blah BRAD *****ING STEVENS Blah blah blah " Rinse and repeat. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

I'll admit, with so many new posts each time I check, I scroll until I see Chris

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Sorry I'm leaving in an hour and probably won't be back for a while. Gotta do some husband things. News will probably break then

Just now, Chris007 said:

Sorry I'm leaving in an hour and probably won't be back for a while. Gotta do some husband things. News will probably break then

Lamar go walk your dog to help out - i think it was lamar if not, maybe we all should walk our dogs to be safe