Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

4 minutes ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

I’m trying to understand why he hasn’t said “yes” yet ( More money, better job security, close to home), and with COVID I would think he’d want more time with family.

Hey Henry, my hometown as well.  Class of '99

10 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

How long before we get the Brad Stevens version of "Billy Donovan is in Bloomington" lol

Well I was listening to Kent Sterling last week and he said he was talking to a friend.  This friend was in a store talking to some guy who mother is a real estate agent.  This was before Archie was fired and the friend said that this real-estate  agent said that Brad and his wife was looking at a house in Southern Indiana.  When Kent heard that he didn't think anything of it but after Archie was fired he remember that conversation.

Edited by IU Scott

3 minutes ago, Demo said:

The Beilein reaction is fascinating. His years at UM he was in any conversation for the best guy in the country. For me, he’d be #1.  And yet we’ve got folks running around talking about him like he’s some kind of geriatric retread scrub. Stop it. Sure, the age is a thing so the plan would have extra moving parts. And the recruiting and long-term culture pieces would have to be part of that. It’s a legit issue. But the 1 indisputable thing is that if Beilein is on the sideline in AH in November, IU will never, ever get out coached. He is a premium guy.

Truth. I hope IU didn't fire archie to simply hire Beilein. Due to his age that is not smart. BUT if Dolson goes after the big fish with everything he has and gets turned down and we end up with Beilein, I am okay with that. That means we still seriously upgraded our coach.

5 minutes ago, Demo said:

The Beilein reaction is fascinating. His years at UM he was in any conversation for the best guy in the country. For me, he’d be #1.  And yet we’ve got folks running around talking about him like he’s some kind of geriatric retread scrub. Stop it. Sure, the age is a thing so the plan would have extra moving parts. And the recruiting and long-term culture pieces would have to be part of that. It’s a legit issue. But the 1 indisputable thing is that if Beilein is on the sideline in AH in November, IU will never, ever get out coached. He is a premium guy.

Just two years ago he was 30-7 and a 2 seed in the tournament

1 minute ago, Josh said:

I said bring on the chicks, next thing you know a lady signed up here.  It's just that easy for me fellas.  My wife is one lucky lady

Your powers of persuasion are strong.

Logically the next thing you say is, "Bring Brad Stevens to IU."

And then after that, go back to "bring on the chicks."

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well I was listening to Kent Sterling last week and he said he was talking to a friend.  This friend was in a store talking to some guy who mother is a real estate agent.  This was before Archie was fired and the friend said that this real-estate  agent said that Brad and his wife was looking at a house in Southern Indiana.  When Kent heard that he didn't think anything of it but after Archie was fired he remember that conversation.

And so it begins!!!! Haha

6 minutes ago, Josh said:

I said bring on the chicks, next thing you know a lady signed up here.  It's just that easy for me fellas.  My wife is one lucky lady

4 minutes ago, Jesus Shuttlesworth said:

I will try to recruit more females to join :)

Forget the chicks (for the moment) and focus on Stevens... don't waste your powers. :D

1 hour ago, AZ Hoosier said:

I'm in Arizona... haven't done a thing this week... and Aloha seems to be here quite a bit... I'm guessing there's a general lack of productivity all across the Hoosier Nation.

I no longer live in Indiana either and have been completely useless this week too....but in fairness that is typical for me so not likely anyone will notice. 

Damn, I tried to work today after being sick all week, took the rest of the afternoon off cause definitely not 100% yet, every time I close my eyes to take a nap, I hear the notification bell and I jump to my phone! I guess no rest until we hire a coach,lol!