Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 minute ago, Hoosier_Hatchet said:

At some point Stevens has to have a conversation with Ainge, right?  No way, he can keep a secret through the end of a season...especially if speculation is running wild that he is leaving to coach IU.

No doubt Ainge would be well aware of the situation. 

7 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

John Beilein resigned as Cavs coach. Scott Smiles resigned as Magic coach. 2 right off the bat that didn't get fired and left. Wonder what he's talking about?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I would NOT listen to any national media guy about the Indiana job. They know nothing. 

All I know is Brad Stevens would be my Bobby Knight. I was born in 1990. I didn't get to enjoy his last few elite years with Calbert and crew. My memories of RMK are the cranky old man who stopped innovating and lost to people like Pepperdine. I've has to watch the program led by Davis, Sampson, Crean, and Archie. Some bright moments, but not the program my dad and grandfather would fondly talk about. I'm sure B-Line would be a great hire....but he would be temporary. BS could be here for 25 years and not even be 70 yet. That's what I need. I get it's borderline selfish and unrealistic, but for me to ever really get excited about this program again prior to results making me feel that way.......it has to be Brad. 

I was born in 1990 also, so I know exactly what you mean. I remember that game against Duke and then Maryland game. Stuck in a hotel traveling with my AAU team running around like a banshee. Besides that, it’s all pictures and story tales from the yonder days when the world was a better place. Just had my first daughter born in February. Let her grow up with her RMK in Brad and not what we have dealt with for 30 years haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk on

16 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Hard for me to believe Bird would get involved to help IU athletics

We have been dreaming all week and this is a bridge to far for you?  :p

I think if this were the case, he would see it as helping the Simon's.  He is also a guy with Boston connections, has been an NBA coach (who famously said coaches have a shelf life in the NBA)...I don't know, crazier things have happened.

I'm thinking McHale will be taking over for Brad after negotiations to mutually part ways. May be an interim basis.  Ainge and McHale obviously know each other well and will make the Boston transition seamless.  

8 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

I doubt he has much insight. That's why he's waiting. I don't they've told any of these guys who the short list is. 

You can't tell me that these IU players, this close to the situation, don't have some sort of information. This information could be just that Dolson has reached out to coaches, A, B, C and D and are waiting on levels of interest... 

Just now, Cinco de Mayo said:

You can't tell me that these IU players, this close to the situation, don't have some sort of information. This information could be just that Dolson has reached out to coaches, A, B, C and D and are waiting on levels of interest... 

Those guys live on Twitter.  If I was trying to keep things quiet, the players wouldn't know squat until the ink was dry on the contract.  That's just me.

31 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

So the Simon's are helping (got our name on the building, need a winner in it) and they reached out to Larry Bird from their Pacers connections  and said, "Help us bring this Indiana boy home."

Bird’s too tall to be a leprechaun in my world 

16 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

I haven't watched the video but I have to believe it is Quinn Buckner.  He is a member of the BOT, IU legend, and former Celtic.

My other guess would be Isiah Thomas.  Bird dunked on him a few times, maybe one of those dunks is in the video.

Just now, Chris007 said:

Bird’s too tall to be a leprechaun in my world 

So what is Isaiah going to do? Is the middle man in all this? Sticking it to the Celtics one more time? 

1 minute ago, JHoosier914 said:

I don’t understand why people aren’t realizing that the Leprechaun is Ainge...

....right?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That’s what I’m thinking. Could be a case of Ainge is gonna work with Dolson on this because he likes Brad and doesn’t want to fire him, but knows it probably won’t work in Boston...so Danny helps Brad and Dolson both get what they want and make it a smooth and mutual transaction where everyone leaves happy and no hard feelings. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

No we didn't send a tech guy. :-)

Are you sure Isaiah isn't just sneaking in with a suitcase full of cash and a badge that Says "IT" so they think he really is a tech guy?

22 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

I haven't watched the video but I have to believe it is Quinn Buckner.  He is a member of the BOT, IU legend, and former Celtic.

I believe Quinn is out west traveling with the Pacers